Chapter Eight

"I am sorry. I really can't tell you. I promised him I wouldn't utter a word. " he looked apologetic.

"Oh come on. Don't act so sincere. I will do anything just to know his name". I almost pleaded.

"Can't do. You will know in time. I gotta go. I am late for practice " he turned around to leave.

"Wait. I will give you something. Can you give it to him ?"

He nodded in agreement. I quickly took out my pen and a piece of paper from my bag and started writing.

'Hey, secret admirer,
I have been receiving your notes. Why can't you come in person? I don't know if it's possible to like someone with just their words. But I am starting to like you. Maybe we can meet and get to know each other. Text me. I wanna talk to you. ********** '

I neatly folded the paper and gave it to Cole." Please, can you give this to him? "

He looked reluctant before he took it with him " You guys are making me play cupid ." he said grinning at me. "I will see you later. " and with that, he waved and left.

I don't know if I have done the right thing. But I need to know if this will work out.

I hope he changes his mind and meets me soon.

Secret admirer POV

I have been waiting in Jay's house for the past hour. Cole should be here by now. What's taking him so long?

Just as I wished, Cole entered the house. I hurried my way to him to know how it went.

"Did you give her the note? How did you do it? " my voice was panicked.

He immediately looked away like he committed some gruesome mistake.

"Is there a problem? " Jay asked him.

"She busted me when I tried to sneak your notes in her locker"

"She what!. " I literally got an heart attack with his confession.

"How did you manage to escape?" Jay asked.

"She got hold of me. I couldn't escape. But she did give something for you "he told me.

He opened his bag and took out a piece of paper. "Mia wanted me to give you this. She kept throwing questions at me. She wanted so badly to know about you. But I didn't say a word "

I thanked Cole and opened the note. I read all its contents. The words ' I like you ' caught my eyes. I want nothing in the world than to meet her. But I cannot do that right now. Sorry Mia. You have to hold on even if it seems hopeless at this point.

On my way home I kept thinking about Mia. Her eyes, her lips. How I wish I could hold her hands forever. She is perfect in every way.

I need to get a spare phone number that no one has in school.

It's 7:30 now. I kept staring at the phone in my hands. Should I do this ?. Will I be giving her more clues if I talk to her. ? What if she finds out about me? Everything will be ruined.

I really wanted to know what she is thinking right now. It's a risk I'm willing to take. How do I start?

Hey or hi or princess....

I could not form a proper sentence after thinking straight for an hour. My brain has ran out of words.

And then it happened. I accidentally sent her a blank message. Perfect. Now she knows my spare number. Just great.

Mia's POV

I constantly checked my phone for any sort of message from an unknown number. It's killing my patience.

My little brother Dylan entered my room and hugged my legs.

"Hey, little fella. What's up? "

He grinned at me with a goofy smile on his face.

" Oh you lost a tooth"

" Yes. But mommy said the Tooth Fairy will give me one soon "

Just then my phone vibrated.

Dylan left my room as my mom called out for him.

I slumped into my bed taking out my phone from my pocket. There's a text message from an unknown number. I excitedly opened it to find it empty.

I have a gut feeling that it's him. I texted back.

Mia: Took you long enough to text me lover boy aka my secret admirer
* wink *. I may have missed your first note but not your first text.

I prayed to god that it must be him. I started striding around my room when I didn't receive any reply.

'Please be him. Please be him'

After a few minutes, he replied

Loverboy: Mia I never thought you would recognize me with a blank text. Lover boy? Is that my new nickname?

Bingo. It's him. I am finally talking to him.