Chapter fourty

Amelia pov

I took care of my morning routines and reached the room where Mia and Ryan were seated. I greeted them as I took the place next to Mia.

Moments later Zack and the others joined us and greeted us cheerfully.

" Oo someone is in a good mood" Shane joked about Zack.

"Did you sleep well, Amelia? I am sorry we made you guys sleep together " Nikki smiled.

*Cough* " Made you guys sleep in the same bed together" Mia corrected Nikki.

" Ya ya that's what I meant" Nikki replied.

" Don't make them uncomfortable Nikki " Mia spoke.

Though Mia has moved on, her voice feels like she still has control over Zack.

" Jay is the only man for Zack. I bet he gave him the pink note" Adam cut in.

At the mention of the note, Zack and I  shared a look.

Kate spoke up." Amelia, are you sure it was not you. You are the only single girl who knows everything".

I hesitantly refused." No, it's not me."

I could see from the corner of my eyes Zack trying to suppress a laugh at my expression.

I only replied to him with a glare.

The day went on as we ate our food but the power was still down.

There was no option of watching the TV or using our phones.

" Let's play something" Someone suggested.

"Hide and seek?" Mia asked.

" Why not? We have so much time to kill. It's only four rooms anyways".

" Who is going to count?"

Nikki excitedly raised her hand. " Me".

Some groaned at the thought of playing a child's game but there was no better option.

Nikki started counting as we all ran to hide.

Subconsciously Zack and I ran to our room looking for a place to hide.
We finally found a closet that would fit us both together.

" Are you sure we won't run out of oxygen?" I asked him.

" Come on. Nikki is gonna finish counting" Zack called.

Without a second thought, I squeezed in trying to close the door. The slits on the door were enough to let in some light and oxygen to breathe.

Zack was almost pressing against me.

I had to raise my head to meet his eyes. His eyes moved to my lips and everything happened in slow motion.

He leaned forward taking my face in his hands and kissed me. It was slow, soft, and wanting for more.

As Nikki's footsteps were louder, we slowly moved apart from each other with his hands still on my face.

" You are so beautiful".

But Nikki was too close so he released me and just in time Nikki opened our door.

" Gotcha" she shouted in victory.

The rest of the day,  my eyes always found its way to Zack's lips.

When night finally arrived and we reached our room, Zack and I threw ourselves on the bed after a long day of running and catching.

" So where does today leave us" Zack asked as we lay on the bed facing each other.

" We kissed" I smiled. The thought of what happened between us was sending butterflies inside my stomach.

" Let's just go on with our feelings for a few more days before we make it official" Zack finished.

I excitedly threw myself on him as he hugged me and rolled on the bed.

The next two months were filled with happy moments.

The more time we spent time with each other, the more he distanced himself from his past. We didn't tell anyone about our relationship.

We met in secret, kissed in secret, went out in secret and even sometimes Zack stayed at my house when I was alone. He gifted me a beautiful chain that had the letters A and Z merged. Anyone would have to look a lot keenly to understand the words.

He was changing. He was less sad and more cheerful these days. Always making fun of everyone, even Mia.

Mia was glued to Ryan all the time, but those lost feelings for Zack still wavered somewhere in her mind pushing her into an overprotective mood.

Whenever the topic of Zack dating again came up for fun she was always worked up. She said something like 'It's too soon to start a relationship for him.'

Ryan knew that their past was too strong to let go easily but he trusted her with all his heart.

All was fine. There was a lot of kissing, and a lot of hugging, until one fine day when Zack confessed his love to me and we made love and it led me to give him a hickey.

The next day at lunch, we sat in our seats and joked about our classes.

Zack was the last one to come sit on his seat.

" What is that?" Mia's giggles turned to a serious one. " Is that a hickey?"

All heads shot directly to Zack's neck.

Oh my god. I forgot to cover it up with a concealer.

Zack looked perplexed until it dawned on him. He stuttered to give a reply. " It's a bruise I got while .... Actually it's more of a.....you know.... Oh god, whom am I kidding? I am very bad at lying. Yes, it's a hickey" he admitted.

What!? He admitted to everyone.

The table was filled with ooo's and ahh's and I just wanted to facepalm myself.

" Who gave it to you?" Mia was throwing daggers at Zack." I asked you a question, Zack?"

I shook my head a big no.

"It's a one-night stand." He lied straight to her face.

" What the hell Zack? Why are being so irresponsible?" Mia started a whole new discussion.

Everyone stayed quiet.

"Why does it concern you on whatever I do? It's none of your business " he almost shouted back.

" None of my business? I know the kind of love you had for me broke you but why go to a whole new level of stupidity. It's too soon for you to try all this". Oh god, she was jealous.

" That's enough Mia. Just stay away from what I do with my life. You don't have any control over what I do. I indeed loved you one time. But now I have no feelings for you left in me. So stop making a big deal of everything I do." And with that, he stormed away angry.

Mia just realized what happened. Even Ryan was shocked. After all that happened between them, Mia was overreacting.