Chapter Seven

Secret admirer POV

Standing near my locker, I looked at Mia without her noticing me. She seems to be off and her face looks dull. She looks like she didn't have a good sleep. I wonder what happened.

Just then Jay patted on my back. " Hey dude what's up" When I didn't respond, he followed my gaze. "Oh, now I see what you are doing. You are admiring your girl from afar. Dude, she looks pale. What did you do to her with your letters? "

"Nothing. I don't know what's bothering her. But I'm gonna cheer her up with my notes"

"Good. But how are you going to deliver them to her" he reasoned.

" I don't know. I ran out of ideas. She knows all my ways of giving her the notes. So I have to find a way without her finding out"

As we were figuring out what to do, Cole walked up to us.

Cole is Jay's neighbor. Our junior. No one in school knows that Cole and Jay are neighbors. Cole moved in just a few days ago.

"Thanks for lending me your car Jay. Here are the keys" he said pointing them out.

"Cole my man. You have arrived at the right time. " Jay literally dragged Cole out of the hallway into an empty classroom. I followed them inside.

Jay started to converse very softly as if telling him a secret "Cole I need your help with something"

Cole was quick to reply. " Sure ".

Jay pulled me towards Cole. " This is my best friend. He needs our help. I know that a lot of people don't know we are close. So you would be the perfect person to help us and I know I can trust you. See my friend here has been in love with a girl for a long time. But he cannot tell her what he feels because................ " Jay tells him everything.

Cole nodded in understanding.

I was confused as to why he was telling him everything about my love life.

When Jay was done explaining, Cole spoke up. " So what do you want me to do for you? "

"She's a smart girl. She has a search party going on and I am pretty sure she will find us if we continue to do things the way we do. So my friend your work is to make sure those notes reach Mia without her suspecting anything. I will give you the notes at home. The next day you can do your task. What do you say? "

" That's pretty easy. Count me in" Cole said with a handshake.

"And most importantly let's not talk in school until the truth comes out. Just to be extra careful. " Jay warned Cole.

"Works for me" Cole replied.

Jay pulled the notes from my bag against my protest.

Once Cole left the room with my note for the day, I pulled Jay to a corner. " What are you doing? Why did you tell him everything? You know what will happen if she finds out"

"Relax man. Cole is my most trusted buddy. There is nothing to be afraid of. " Jay calmed me.

"I trust you on this Jay. Hope it works."

After deciding to meet at Jay's house in the evening, we headed to our class.

Mia's POV

It's already last period and I'm a little disappointed over the fact that I did not receive his letter today. Has he already forgotten about me? With a heavy heart, I slowly walked towards my locker not watching who passed by. The hallway was almost empty when I approached my locker.

My eyes instantly snapped at the sight in front of me. Some blond guy was investigating my locker. My eyes bulged when I saw the pink note in his hand.

Is he my secret admirer? But it can't be. I know this guy. He is a junior. He has a pretty girlfriend too. Then what business does he have with my locker? I carefully walked towards him without making any sudden noise. He was so occupied that he didn't see me coming.

"Are you done slipping the note? " I asked standing behind him with my hands crossed.

He slowly turned around and looked horrified being caught in the act.

"I..... You see... I... It's actually..... " he started stammering with his words.

I held up my hand to stop him.
" Just tell me one thing. Are you my secret admirer? "
With every ounce in my body, I did not want him to be my secret admirer.

"No" he replied.

Relief flushed my heart.

"Then who are you? "

" I am a messenger from your secret admirer. My name is Cole" he smiled warmly.

A sense of excitement filled me. " So you know who he is? I demand you to tell me now. Speak. "

He was battling internally whether to make known who he was. Minutes felt like hours as he was contemplating to open his mouth.