Part 17: Move Me

*** Twenty- Five Weeks Pregnant**

Bed rest was awful to day the least. The five weeks I spent just lying around my apartment was worse than sitting through Karen Brantley talking.

Lauren was still on a witch hunt for Max.

Layla was overly kind but not a very entertaining visitor.

And.

Max...well the first few days were rough, but the last few weeks turned into a nice little calm vacation for me.

He always brought me something good to eat.

Brought me new books and magazines.

Brought sweets and comforting treats like sugar scrubs, exfoliating masks, and other pampering items.

He would massage my shoulders as I lounged in my warm jacuzzi tub.

He would rub lotion into my skin after I dried off.

And he would make me the most delicious dinners a woman could ask for.

Max has gone above and beyond since our last little spat over Cassian.

And he hasn't tried to convince me not to move in with Cassian or has complained about him in the slightest.

Just last week, he noticed Cassian had dropped off some home pamphlets for me to review and narrow down what I liked and what I didn't. Though he wasn't thrilled that a lot of the homes were farther from his-he didn't complain.

He even asked if- when I went to look at them, if I could take pictures for him.

I asked if he simply wanted to join Cassian and I- but he respectfully declined.

Apparently, he's figuring out that though he is very important to me and my future- somethings I will have to do without him.

*

Standing outside the Greenwood Estate "Village"- a very posh and secure neighborhood where the townhouses are grand, the yards spacious and lush (for New York) and the neighbors seem more than friendly: I wait for Cassian and the Realtor to arrive.

This was one of the two places I narrowed down to.

I liked the idea of a small safe community.

The backyard was a plus.

And.

It was four bedrooms, three bathrooms, with a full basement and gorgeous kitchen.

The only hang up for me—the price.

Even splitting the cost with Cassian- I hardly feel a $250,675 home is worth it.

Half the mortgage I would be paying is well over what I could possibly afford- even with a fixed rate.

"Hey!" Turning, I find Cassian strolling up the walk with a very pretty young woman in a rather short skirt and pinstriped blazer. He curly blonde hair making her bright green eyes pop against her freckled cheeks.

"Hi, Cassian." I give him a small hug and he smiles warmly.

"This is Jessica Harper from Sun City Homes. Jessica, this is Helen."

"You must be the wife?"

"No..." We both say with a small laugh.

"So fiance?"

"No—we are just friends." I say and he smirks.

"She's having my baby." He quickly adds onto my statement and the woman just raises her eyebrows slightly and gives us that fake 'congratulations (you fucking nutters)' smile.