Chapter 8: Dinner

Still May's POV

I was just putting on my shoes when I heard a knock on my door.

"It's open." I called out. It was probably Phil.

I was right. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You look beautiful, Mel." I gave him a small smile.

"Where's Daisy?"

"Waiting for us in the Garage."

"Then let's go."

I held his hand out for me and I held onto it.
________________________________

Here we were. Entering a fancy restaurant like there aren't any threats in the world. We deserved this, right? We needed a dinner as a family. Sure, not a family by blood but love.

I was wearing a black dress that ended about 3 inches above my knees and it showed a little cleavage. It's enough. With long black boots, earrings and a pearl necklace that Phil gave me years ago after a mission.

"Your table is right there by the window." A waiter told us as we entered the restaurant. 

"Thank you." I nodded.

We walked towards the table and looked through the menu. The whole room was filled with a mouth-watering smell that seemed to come from the kitchen.

I got a Mediterranean rice bowl, Phil got Pasta and Daisy went with the "Today's Special" which was lasagna.

"This smells good." Daisy looked up as the food we ordered was being served.

We ate in silence, everybody thinking in their own little world.

We were just finishing up and we're about to pay when two guys playing a romantic music on the violin came to us.

I looked at Phil, he had a generous smile on and then looked at Daisy, who had an amused look.

By the time I looked back at Phil, he was down on one knee. Oh. Oh.

"Melinda. Everyday since I met you, I've been trying not to love you, but it's too hard. I can't not love you when you're the one who saved me everytime I fell. You're the one I trust, who always has my back. So," he took a deep breath and held out the ring, "Melinda May, will you marry me?"

I stood there with wide eyes and could feel tears on my cheek.  I wiped them, bit my lip and furiously nodded, "Yes, Phil. OF COURSE, I'LL MARRY YOU!"

I moved towards and kissed him. Smiles were glued on our faces as we heard Daisy clap and get up to hug us.

"Love you guys."

"Me too." I smiled.

"Me too" I whispered, Me too.