Chapter 12: A new beginning

It was different. Melinda May was never nervous. Not even when she married Andrew in front of the man she loved more than anyone. Why was she different now?

Was it because she was marrying the love of her life. Her best friend. The man who was always stood by her side even when she pushed him away?

There she stood, infront of the long mirror with her hair in waves.

"You can come back in now."

And the door opened.

"Sooo?" Daisy looked at her with wide eyes, "Are you ready?"

She sighed, "Yeah, I think I am."
________________________________

I fought back tears as my dad walked me down the aisle.  I can't cry. Melinda May doesn't cry. At least not infront of others. To the world outside, Melinda May is an emotionless robot. I took a deep breath as we reached the end.

My father kissed my forehead when I faced him, and nodded. I gave him a small smile and stepped onto the altar. It was nothing big. Just a raised platform placed in the biggest room of the base.  I faced Phil and forgot everything after seeing the huge smile on his face. I placed my hand in his and blocked all the noise out.

"Do you, Melinda May, take Phil Coulson yo be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And do you, Phil Coulson, take Melinda May to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

His smile brighter than before, "I do."

"You may kiss the bride." And then, Nick Fury, the ex-director, stepped down from the platform.

I met him in the middle as he placed him lips on mine. I could hear whispers but couldn't make out what they were saying. I didn't care. We could hear applauses as we parted apart.

"I love you."

I smiled, "You talk too much." I placed my lips back on his and forgot about the world.
________________________________

We stepped on the dace floor, hand in hand, as our song began to play. 'Perfect' by Ed Sheran. We moved in unison, I dropped my head on his shoulder, and we soon began swaying.
________________________________
That was the hardest Chapter to write, or type. School has been keeping me busy as hell so no apologies for the late update. Upcoming Chapters: More Suprises. Dissing Andrew. I don't like him at all. And more bonding.