Chapter 27: Interuptions

It had been almost 2 weeks since we arrived at beach, we had a few days left before we had to leave. Surprisingly, there had been no accidents yet, that we knew of. Point is, Daisy hadn't called us yet. Neither did anyone else for that matter. Right now, I was cuddled beside Phil on the comfortable bed, 'The Proposal' played on the TV in front of us. This was how we had spent our time here, well, after the incident at the restaurant. We hadn't left our room much after that, only leaving occasionally to visit the beach and watch the stars at night. I shifted even closer to Phil as he rubbed a pattern on my back.

"You think they're okay?" I looked at him.

"I hope so. Somebody would've called if they weren't." He smiled, "What's wrong, Mama May? Are you worried?" He teased.

"Haha. No." I lied.

"You don't have to hide, Melinda."

I sighed. "I know." I nodded towards the screen, "Let's finish the movie." He nodded.

The movie ended an hour later, we were just about to order lunch when Phil's phone rang. I looked at him as he checked who the called was. Suddenly, the colour seemed to drain out of his face when he saw. He showed me the screen. Daisy.

Phil answered, put the phone on speaker, and slid it between us both.

"Daisy?"

"Sir, it's Mack."

"What's wrong? Is everything good?"

"No." Mack took a deep breath, "You need to come back. Daisy and Lincoln have been kidnapped by Lash."

"Lash?" I asked.

"He's an inhuman who hunts other inhumans. So far, he has murdered ten of them and injured five. We know he switches between being a human and an inhuman but we don't know his true identity."

Phil and I shared a worried look. "Can you send the Zephyr?"

"I'll send it on autopilot. We don't have any available pilot and Agent May can pilot."

"Ok. How long?"

"An hour. I'll send a file along so you can be ready. Be careful." He hung up.

"Dammit." Phil murmured.

"It'll be fine." I squeezed his shoulder, "Now let's get ready."

He nodded and left to let the hotel receptionist know that they're checking out earlier than planned. After packing up our stuff, which wasn't a lot, we left the hotel. The Zephyr had landed away from prying eyes, which meant that they'd have to drive there.

The drive to the Zephyr was painstakingly quiet. And that's from Melinda May.

"Phil."

"Hmm?"

"It's too quiet. Distract me."

He nodded, "I can do that." He smiled, "Remeber Taiwan?" I smiled, "We were undercover for the first time after the disaster in Sausalito. We were supposed to get the O84 and leave before they found out anything about us. However, I was sick. Like very sick. And I got us caught."

"It was your fault you got us tortured."

"Hey! In my defence, I didn't think SHIELD offered sick days."

"Mhm."

Once again, silence took over the car. Luckily, we were already there as Phil drove Lola onto the lowered ramp. "I'll be in the cockpit." I walked away from him, knowing we both needed time to ourselves for a while.