Chapter 16- Petrichor

pet·ri·chor

/ˈpeˌtrīkôr/

noun

· 1.a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather:"other than the petrichor emanating from the rapidly drying grass, there was not a trace of evidence that it had rained at all"

...........................

Maybe Yeonjun did have magic with him. Because the tears running down Soobin's cheeks were now replaced by a small smile as they walked to an ice cream stall nearby.

It was a weird feeling-in Soobin's heart. One moment, the world seemed to be falling down, his head felt like being ripped apart, and the next it seemed to have finally fallen in place. He didn't know if he was supposed to be happy or sad, because the stinging in his heart after crying and the fire place crackling inside himself were completely paradoxical.

Yeonjun was ambling in front of him- at a pace his idly-at-the-moment self could catch up to,and he was thankful. He was even more thankful that Yeonjun wasn't trying to start up a conversation right now. In fact, he should be furious at Yeonjun after him basically being the sole reason behind his failed confession, but he had to admit-he was partly at fault to in a way. It must have been that he had started to get really clingy around Yeonjun and was kind of getting addicted to him. And as a result, every little thing reminded him of his friend.
In Soobin's defense, he hadn't had a close friend in such a long time and Yeonjun was his only companion, apart from some of his old friends ( who didn't really keep in touch with him) and Yeonjun's little gang.

Soon, they were at the ice cream stall, and he halted two steps further from Yeonjun just because he didn't want to be the one to ordering. There were more than enough extroverts in the world for Soobin's liking, but this was one of those moments he was thankful for that.
" Which flavour do you like?" Yeonjun spoke.
Anything that is not that damn mint choco.
" I can't believe after all this time, I still don't know your favourite ice cream flavour!!"
Yeonjun's voice had magic too-Soobin concluded, because it sounded as if someone was pouring a caramel macchiato in his ear.

And Soobin, was an ice cream on a sunny day, melting at the voice of the older.
" Tell me yours first?" Soobin requested. The warmth of the fire inside him seemed to be radiating from his tone somehow.

"Obviously!That!!" Yeonjun said with a little cute jump, his soft blue locks bouncing in the progress. Soobin shifted his gaze to see what got the older excited like a child-

And his smile dropped.

"Mint choco?!"
Wait,Soobin didn't mean to exclaim it out loud,but apparently he had because he hated that shit with all his guts. He'd rather go home and microwave some toothpaste.

Yeonjun made a wry face at the surprise in Soobin's voice. He had been putting up with this shit all his life. How could anyone hate mint choco?Like MINT CHOCO? The purpose of grabbing ice cream was to make Soobin better but at the moment,Yeonjun hoped all the chocolate in Soobin's choco chip cookie's would be raisins.

Soobin waved his hands infront of him,trying to come up with an excuse. He found himself not wanting to disappoint the older for some odd reason.
"I meant I love it too!! Hahaa is this fate? It's our favourite!! " Yeonjun squinted his eyes at Soobin and pointing two fingers at his eyes then at Soobin before turning around to order two cups of mint chocolate ice cream.

He turned around with a big smile plastered on his face, and two cups of ice cream in his hands.

They sat down on a bench nearby, and Soobin took a spoonful of the ice cream in front of him.