Chapter 10: Best Day Ever

3rd Person POV

Beacon, Second Semester

As Phoenix sat with the rest of Team RWBY at their table, eating some French toast, he glanced over at Blake, who was sitting next to him, and saw her looking at a picture in a book. A very familiar picture.

"Whatcha doing?" Yang asked, sliding in from Blake's other side.

"Nothing," she replied hastily, closing the book. "Just going over notes from last semester."

Catching a grape in her mouth and eating it, Yang commented, "Lame."

On the table across from them, Nora pulled out her slingshot again and sent another grape in Yang's direction, which the blond girl caught and ate.

"Anyway, are you sure those were notes?" Phoenix asked, gesturing to the book.

"Positive," Blake replied.

Just then, a large binder slammed onto the table, courtesy of Ruby. It seemed like it had once been Weiss's, but the label had been crossed out and replaced with the title, 'Best Day Ever Activities!'.

"Sisters! Friends! Weiss..."

"Hey!"

"Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream," Ruby went on.

"Please, no more lectures," Phoenix begged, slumping over the table. "I've had enough of those from Port."

"Shush you," Ruby said.

"This ought to be good," Yang muttered, catching another grape.

"A dream that one day, the five of us would come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had... ever!"

"Now you're speaking my language!" Phoenix said with a grin.

"Wait, did you steal my binder?" Weiss demanded, gesturing to said object on the table.

"I am not a crook."

"But that's what a crook would say," Phoenix pointed out in a singsong, tossing his French toast into the air... only for Yang to catch it and eat it. "Hey!"

"What are you talking about?" Blake asked.

"I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!" Ruby replied excitedly.

"I always kick my semesters off with a—" Yang started.

"Don't you dare," Phoenix warned.

Yang looked at him smugly. "... Yang."

"You dared," Phoenix groaned.

"Ehh? Guys? Am I right?" Yang asked.

Just then, an apple hit her in the face.

"Boooooooo!" Nora called.

"Look guys, it's been a good two weeks," Ruby said. "And between more exchange students arriving, and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But classes start back up tomorrow, which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today."

"I don't know whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store," Weiss said, gesturing to the binder.

"No reason it can't be both," Phoenix pointed out.