Chapter 17: Dance Dance Infiltration

3rd Person POV

Beacon

Checking his scroll as he leaned against a tree outside Beacon, Phoenix sighed. It was almost time for the dance, and he was awaiting the okay to pick up Weiss; she'd text him when she was ready.

"Now I get why Mercury hates suits," he commented, looking down at his outfit, which consisted of a black tux over smooth dress pants and shoes, the edges trimmed with orange-flamelike designs. A custom Phoenix symbol gleamed on the back of his tux and gloves.

Sighing, he straightened the edges of his tux. Let's hope the plan works, he thought, checking his watch. Two minutes to six. Funny how I'm more nervous about a dance than about wiping out a forest of Grimm.

Six finally came around, as did the punctual text from Weiss: 'I'm ready.'

"Well, it's about time," he commented before pushing off the tree and walking up to the team dorm. Stopping at the door, he raised a gloved hand and knocked.

"Come in."

Opening the door, Phoenix stepped inside, and his jaw dropped.

Standing before him, Weiss was dressed in a beautiful dress in different shades of ice-like blue along with a pair of heeled shoes. Her hair was still in its off-center ponytail, and a pair of icicle-shaped earrings gleamed along with her ice-blue eyes.

          "Phoenix?" Weiss asked, snapping her fingers in front of his face

"Phoenix?" Weiss asked, snapping her fingers in front of his face. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Phoenix replied, shaking himself out of his momentarily stupor. "Got lost in your eyes for a second there, Snowflake."

She rolled her eyes, but a small blush crept its way across her face. "Shut up. You look good, too."

"Naturally," Phoenix replied, his amber eyes glinting as he held out his hand. "Shall we?"

"We shall," Weiss replied and laced her arm through Phoenix's.

Smiling, the two of them started down the stairs and walked across the courtyard to where the dance was being held.

Timeskip brought to you by Neo's Ice Cream

"Looking good there, guys," Yang greeted with a smile as Weiss and Phoenix walked through the door.

"I'm always looking good," Phoenix replied, grinning. "It's a requirement of being me."

"Ignore him," Weiss said, elbowing the mercenary in the side.

"Easier said than done," Yang replied, grinning at Phoenix's offended look.

Just then, the doors behind them creaked open, and everyone turned.