Chapter 7

****Niall’s POV**** 

“You nervous?” Louis grinned nudging me while I fiddled with the tie on my neck. I frowned at him as Zayn came over messing up my hair. 

“Hey! No? Why would I be nervous?” I asked frustrated as I fixed my hair once more. Harry looked at me like I was stupid. 

“What?” I complained and Harry shook his head.

“You’re crazy Niall. This isn’t just some date with your girlfriend. This is huge!” Liam laughed. I shrugged checking myself out in the mirror again. 

“Have you seen what she looks like yet?” Zayn asked with curious eyes and I shook my head thinking about that dress. 

“No, but I expect she’ll be stunning! I’m sad you guys didn’t want to come,” I frowned over at my four band mates and they smiled shrugging. 

“This is your special night Niall. We don’t need to go to the ball. We’d rather watch it anyways!” Louis snickered, clearly lying as he turned on the TV where news reporters were already out in front of the palace recording. 

“Our little Nialler has grown up so much,” Harry smiled sweetly at me and I rolled my eyes while I paced the floor patiently. 

“The limo’s here Niall,” Liam smiled coming over from the door and I took a deep breath. 

“Make us proud Niall! Have fun!” the boys called as I stepped outside holding my bouquet of roses as I got in the limo. I looked out the window nervously as we stopped in front of palace. I held my breath as I stepped out of the limo and flashes bombarded me. I felt someone grab my arm and lead me inside while reporters stuck their microphones in my face trying to get answers to their absurd questions. When we finally got to the gate I was breathless. I stepped inside and looked around in awe. It was so beautiful inside. 

“Niall’s here!” I heard someone shout and soon people were crowding me asking if I needed anything or touching up my hair and suit. It was absolutely insane. 

“Alright! Niall! Up here!” I heard the Queen yelling so I skipped up the huge stairs to the top. 

“On my cue, you’ll escort Elizabeth out this door, down these stairs and down the hall into the ballroom. Take your time though. This is going to be broadcasted everywhere,” she spoke in a hushed tone as she slowly opened the huge white doors that led into a long hallway. I made my way down the hall and stopped in front of Liz’s door. I knocked gently and the door swung open to reveal Liz looking drop dead beautiful. Her dress was stunning on her, and her hair was pinned up in a curly French twist with a tiara resting on her head. She smiled at me and tapped my chin gently so I would close my mouth. I handed her the roses and she grinned taking them and setting them on her bed. 

“You look beautiful Liz,” I breathed, grabbing her and she laughed kissing me gently. 

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” she winked pulling me in her room and sitting me on her bed. She paced the floor and looked at me.