Chapter 13

****Niall’s POV**** 

Seeing Edward holding Liz’s hand and seeing them so happy together immediately made me realize that trying to hold onto what Liz and I had wasn’t going to last. It shattered all the hope I had to be able to face Liz anymore. I bolted away with pain fresh in my veins. I ran into my flat and slammed the door. Thank God I was alone. I punched a hole in the wall and threw a lamp off a table. I’d never been one for violence, but I wanted to have Liz in my life. It would hurt too much to continue seeing her when I knew she was so far from my reach. I saw my phone ring I answered it and sighed. 

“Look Liz. If you’re happy with Edward then I’m happy for you. I don’t want to interfere and ruin something great,” I spoke before I heard Elizabeth crying hysterically into the phone. 

“No. It’s not like that Niall! I don’t get the spark I get with you. I thought that maybe I could handle it, but I can't! Please,” she whimpered helplessly and I sighed running a hand through my hair trying to hold myself together. 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea Liz. We can't keep it up for much longer anyways. I love you, you know I do. I think we need a break though. It’s just going to keep the pain fresh if we keep seeing each other,” I replied immediately regretting the words as soon as they were out of my mouth. 

“Don’t do this,” she begged quietly and I wanted to break down, but I knew if I kept it up it would just be worse when she was really married. 

“It’s for the best babe. I’m going on tour in a couple days. I’ll see you when I get back,” I choked out and I heard her crying and breathing heavily. 

“I love you,” she whispered before hanging up. I threw my phone on the ground pulling on the hair on the back of my neck. Tears threatened to pour down my face, but I held them in. There was no use in crying over her. Tears wouldn’t get her back to me. Something caught my eye though. It was a simple silver necklace I wore almost everyday and Liz always complimented it and complained about how much she wanted one just like it. That would be my goodbye gift to her then. I picked it up and smiled. She would know I still cared and that I was just trying to help us. 

“Niall!” I heard Zayn exclaim and I sighed standing up and walking out into the living room. Zayn was standing wide-eyed staring at the destroyed house. I bit my lip and looked at him.

“I just got a little…upset,” I replied and Zayn smiled sadly pulling me into a hug. 

“I love her so much Zayn, but I have to let her go. I need you to go give her something,” I replied holding up the necklace. Zayn looked at the bracelet and frowned. 

“The necklace she always talked about wanting,” I replied looking at the necklace longingly. 

“Don’t you think you should give it to her?” he asked looking at me. I shook my head dropping the necklace into his hand. Zayn nodded and took a deep breath. 

“Liam told me I should come and help you pack,” Zayn laughed and I nodded taking him into my room.

****Elizabeth’s POV**** 

“Elizabeth, somebody is here for you,” a housekeeper poked her head in my room and I felt my heart leap hoping that maybe it could be Niall. I jumped up and skipped down the stairs only to be met by Niall’s band mate Zayn. I sighed mentally, but kept a smile on my face. 

“Hi Zayn. What can I do for you?” I asked anxiously and he smiled hugging me gently. 

“You doing okay?” he asked and I nodded even though he obviously knew I wasn’t okay. 

“I have something for you,” he spoke in a deep voice digging around in his pocket and I saw him pull out a chain of some sort. 

“Niall said you always talked about wanting this,” he spoke softly and he dropped the chain into my hand. I wanted to burst into tears. It WAS the necklace I always talked about. I looked at Zayn and he took a deep breath. 

“He does care about you; he’s just trying to make the hurt less painful than it already is. He understands that you guys can't be together; he just isn’t ready to be friends yet. He told me to tell you thank you for all the fun and happiness you gave him,” Zayn spoke hugging me once more and the tears begged to fall again. 

“Thank you Zayn,” was all I could manage and he kissed my cheek. 

“We’ll be back in about two months,” Zayn said while he walked outside. I waved and sighed. 

“Good luck and have fun,” I called and he nodded getting in the cab and driving away. This wasn’t fair. Nothing was fair anymore. I just wanted my Niall back.

Whoa 500 reads guys! That went by really fast too!! (: thanks so much. Okay so can we get it to like 600-650 reads before the next upload? It would mean the world to me guys!

ALSO. PLEASE GO READ MY STORY CONCEPTS AND IDEAS. I NEED TO KNOW WHICH FAN FIC YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE OR NON FAN FIC...THAT STORY IS TURNING OUT GOOD. 

I WANNA DO THE LARRY ONE. IT'S GOING TO BE SO SO SOOOO GOOD. XXX