Chapter 22

I'm crying. Almost 3000 reads on this in just 2 days...I can't believe it! Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this! I hope you like it as much as I do.

So, if you like this you really should read my new fan fic Tiny Dancer! It only has 27 reads ): 

Comment and vote!!! <3 xx

****Elizabeth’s POV****

“You truly are the most beautiful girl in the world you know that?” I heard Niall whispering softly, but not softly enough. I opened my eyes and Niall smiled a half smile at me, letting his fingers dance through my hair. 

“Why are you still up?” I yawned seeing the clock read four in the morning. He shrugged, snuggling into the bed with me. 

“I’m going to give up my title,” I burst. I felt Niall stop breathing and his body stiffen. 

“What are you talking about? Are you crazy? What about an heir?” he exasperated sitting me up and turning on the small lamp. He was staring at me like I’d just killed somebody and had escaped. 

“It’s the only way I’ll be allowed to be with you,” I whispered, a little surprised he wasn’t more excited. I’d thought about dropping the title ever since I met Niall, but figured that everything would work out. 

“You can't Liz. I'm not going to let you do this. You’d be giving up everything,” Niall spoke frantically. I just looked at him for a minute. 

“I wouldn’t have to give up you though,” I tried to make him approve of the situation, but he just sighed. 

“Let’s not talk about it right now babe okay? Let’s just go to sleep,” he concluded and I sighed with a nod. 

“Niall?” I asked after a few moments of silence. Niall sucked in a deep breath and I propped my chin up on his chest so I was looking at him. 

“I love you,” I grinned tiredly, planting a kiss on his lips before snuggling up against him again. 

“I love you too,” he murmured, flicking off the light, sending us both into a whirlwind of sleep. 

****Niall’s POV****

I thought I fell asleep, but I could only keep remembering the phone call I’d had with Edward only a few hours before, and now Liz saying she was giving up everything she knew just so she could be with me.

“Is this Edward?” I asked, pacing the floors nervously. 

“It is. Let me guess. Is this thee Niall Horan? One fifth of the famous boy band One Direction?” Edward asked with a laugh and I couldn’t help but smile a little bit. 

“Right on,” I replied softly and he took a deep breath. 

“Is Liz alright? She having fun?” he asked and I ran a hand through my hair quickly. 

“I took her to Disney World with the boys today. She had a lot of fun,” I replied smiling. 

“I wish there was a way you were somehow involved with Royalty because I swear you two are meant to be together. I’ve never seen her so happy Niall. I mean, I went in her room and went through all her old boxes and she has pictures, and journals, and all this stuff that’s from you. If there was some way I could give you my place, I would in a heartbeat,” Edward said as if it were nothing. He was such a great guy. I had it wrong the entire time. I thought he’d always been trying to get on her good side, but he was just genuinely a good guy. I envied him for it. 

“I wish I could be as thoughtful as you,” was all I could think to reply. 

“You are Niall. I’ve never seen two people more infatuated with each other. The way you treat her, and talk to her. She spent countless hours talking about you! I told her I wanted to know more about you, and that led to hours upon hours of her telling me how great you were. You belong with her, and I’m going to do everything in my power to get you two together,” he continued and I was speechless. 

“Why are you doing this?” I asked, although he’d already sort of answered my question. 

“Because Elizabeth still loves you, and you still love her. It wasn’t supposed to be this way. I didn’t want it either, but none of us really had a say in the matter did we? Listen, I’ve gotta go. I’m coming to Florida tomorrow evening. I’ll see you then and we’ll discuss what to do. Nice talking with you Niall,” Edward spoke calmly. 

“Bye,” I whispered.

I didn’t know what was going to happen now. I took a deep breath and looked down at Liz who had a troubled look on her sleeping face. I ran my thumb along her cheek and she stirred, but stayed asleep. 

**** 

“Niall, come on! I wanna go to rehearsals!” Liz exclaimed bouncing on the bed like a monkey. I opened my eyes half way to look at her and she grinned widely. She started tugging on my arm, making me groan. 

“Just five more minute of sleep,” I mumbled rolling over and burying my face into my pillow. 

“Niall Horan, you get your butt out of that bed right now,” she demanded and I chuckled softly. 

“And what if I don’t?” I asked, pressing my luck. I peeked out at her and she crossed her arms, raised her eyebrows, and smirked at me. 

“I know where your food stash is,” she sang as she slowly made her way over to my bag. I sat up waiting to see what she was going to do. She pulled out the backpack and smiled. I shrugged while she walked out to the balcony. 

“No!” I screamed jumping out of the bed and running over, grabbing the pack tightly in my hands. Liz buckled over laughing and I rolled my eyes playfully, taking the bag back inside and tucking it away. 

“Come on, breakfast is going to be over in like ten minutes,” Liz snapped taking my hand. 

“What about the fans?” I asked looking at her and she sighed. 

“Fine, room service it is,” she replied shutting the door and tossing me the phone. 

“What would you like princess?” I spoke sarcastically, but I saw a smile playing at the corner of her mouth. She sat by me on the bed, resting her head on my shoulder while she looked through the small, paper menu. 

“I’ll share with you,” she finally decided and I eyed her. She frowned in confusion as she put the menu back on the side table. 

“I don’t share my food with just anyone,” I replied and she raised her eyebrows. 

“I do hope that I’m not just anyone then,” she spoke making sure I was going to share my food with her. 

“Of course you aren’t,” I winked finally and she smiled widely. 

“I’m going to take a shower,” she called, walking into the bathroom and locking the door. I stared at the door for a minute, letting all reality sink in. Edward was coming tonight…and then tomorrow Liz would be heading back over seas to her home to be married to Ed.