Just please, don't bring up my past

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗
☆ 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 ☆

The chill of the October breeze nipped at my foot dangling off the side of the bed, I sharply pulled it back under the covers and wrapped it over Al's calf

"Mornin'" he groaned and rolled over to face me, I glanced up at him and took in his morning beauty, hair tousled and fluffy, eyes droopy and mouth parted as a yawn stifled in him.

"Morning." I smiled softly, lifting my hand up from the covers and cupping his cheek, "Yer hands are freezin'" Alex winced slightly at the coldness of my palm on his heated skin.

"I know." I huffed a short laugh and pulled my hand away from him, "No no, c'mere." Alex looped his arms round my waist and pulled me to lie on top of him, in a mess of protests and giggles I eventually gave in as I had no chance escaping his grip.

"Warm?" He asked me, I lifted my head up and rested my chin on his chest to look up at him, "Very, thank you." I grinned before leaning forward and pressing a delicate kiss to his Adam's apple.

"You excited to meet the rest of me nut-job family?" Alex mumbled as he lifted a hand to rub the sleep from his eyes. "I am." I nodded and turned my head to rest my temple against his chest.

The scratching at the door caused me to press my palms into the mattress beside Alex's torso and push myself upright, "That bloody dog." Alex groaned and dragged his hands over his face.

"Aw no, let him in." I beamed and shuffled off of Alex, "No El, he'll go mental he always does in the mornin!" Alex called but I'd already scrambled to the door and pulled it open to reveal a very excited Bruno full of energy.

"Aw little Bruno!" I cooed and crouched down, only to have the small puppy dive into my arms and attack me with nibbles and kisses. "Oh he's adorable." I scooped him up into my arms and kicked the door shut with my foot.

Trudging back to the bed, the puppy struggled out of my arms once it saw Alex hidden under the covers, "El he's gonna eat me alive if you let 'im in the bed." Alex mumbled into the duvet and kept it planted over his face.

"Go get him Bruno, go get him." I placed Bruno onto the mattress gently and ushered him to attack Al. Laughter bubbled up from my chest as Bruno padded his paws over Alex's body and nuzzled his nose into his neck, "Bloody dog." Alex groaned and lifted himself up from under the covers.

"You love him really." I chuckled and slivered back under the duvet, happily obliging to Bruno as he begged for permission to curl up on my lap. "Mmm, not as much as I do yer but I do love 'im I s'pose." Alex hummed and looped an arm over my lower waist, shuffling himself over to nestle into my side as I sat upright.

"What time is everyone coming?" I asked softly as I ran my fingers through the puppies fur, admiring how he'd whine whenever I stopped then sigh whenever I obliged to his pleads. "Eleven." Alex mumbled into my side, I glanced up at the clock hung on the wall by the door, 7:57, plenty of time to mentally prepare myself to meet a shit tonne of new people.