Chapter 8 (Paralyzed)

Stephanie had been practicing since early morning. When they seemed to have it perfect enough everyone decided to go and get some coffee before service started. So she gather her stuff and headed out to her car and they drove to the nearest Starbucks.

In Starbucks Joe greeted them. Joe was tall with short brown hair. He had beautiful green eyes. "Hi guys, God bless you" in a playful sarcastic way. It used to bother Stephanie but Joe became a good friend. His parents go to the same church but he says he doesn't believe in God. But when ever he had a problem he would run to Stephanie for her to pray with him. Joe had a crush on Stephanie. He had confess to her his feelings but Stephanie quickly turned him down because he hasn't a Christian.
"Hey Joe, God bless you too. Can I have the usual." Everyone else order there coffee and paid.
"So Joe are u coming to service?" "Not a chance" he said playfully. But quickly said "unless that makes Stephanie go out with me."
"If you go because of me it's only destined to bored you. You realize that you would be in a year probation. Remember You have to dance like the king David from the Bible. Remember I told you that only a man like him I will married or go out with." He looked at her in a 'never mind' face. "Not a chance " he said and handed everyone's drinks. Everyone sat down prayed for their meal and ate.

Everyone was arriving to church. They all talked and started greeting each other, Waiting for the service to start. Stephanie got there 10min before service started. As soon as she stepped church she was greeted by all her friends and the kids. She waited to see her parents to be seated next to them. Once she spot them she gave them her bag a head to the altar. Once there she got everyone ready and waited for the pastor.

Cyndy's family usually didn't go on Saturday to service because they would appreciate the day and go out as a family. But since things got bad in the house that morning Sandy insisted It was the best. But they were running a bit late.

The pastor started the service reading
"Psalm 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

Then leaded everyone to a prayer. When he finished turned over the microphone to Stephanie. Just as she was starting to sing she closes her eyes and lifted her hands to the sky. Then suddenly Cyndy and her family walk in with Christofer. As he walked in he stares directly to the middle of the alter and sees Stephanie singing with her hand lifted up and gets PARALYZED.