Chapter 36

I really hope to like this chapter!
Stephanie's POV

When I woke up I hoped it was a dream. I see David in the hospital couch sleeping. I start hearing that Hope starts waking up. I reach to get her so she won't wake up her daddy.

"Now now let's not wake up daddy " I whisper to her

"No my beautiful girls can wake me up when ever you guys want" he says as he gets up and walks towards us.He lays down next me and starts caressing my cheek. Then he looks at my princess kisses her in her forehead. Then pulls me close to him and kisses with so much love. I feel like it's just him and us right now. The world stops existing at that moment.

"Baby, please don't leave me."

"I'm sorry love I wished I didn't have to but it's God's will." When he mentioned God I rolled my eyes. How can God be so cruel to us? Why is he taking my husband from me? " Hey don't you ever think like that! God is good. It's his will I don't ever want you to doubt him!" I'm was shocked how does he know I started doubting him? "Baby you don't have to be a mind reader. I know you too well. Hey I love you Stephanie! I won't be here anymore but God will send Angels to protect you and my children! You'll be fine and I'll be better knowing I left this earth with my wife being the same old Stephanie I met. The one who always worshipped God." He was right. I stopped being the Stephanie who worshipped the almighty God.

"Y-you are right!" I began to cry " I have failed God baby I'll make a promise to God in exchange for him to keep you here with me. And grow old to getter! I'll do anything baby" he put his head down " Stephanie it's not his will to keep me alive any longer. I don't see myself getting old in this world. It's his will and I accepted it. Please accept it too sweetheart." I started crying. Then Hope started getting fuzzy. David lifted my blouse and I started breastfeeding Hope. It was so natural being around him. He wasn't complicated. He never pushed me for anything even when I didn't want to go to service with him and our son. He wiped my tears away and started kissing me then the door flew opened

"Oh my God! Sorry I should've knocked "IT was Chris. I wondered why he was so freaked out we were kissing nothing else then David quickly lowered my blouse. I forgot I was breastfeeding Hope. I blushed. "It's ok Chris yyouyou can turn around now "David said

"God bless you guys. I brought my little guys to see his sister but he fell asleep in the way." Right on the cue Joshi woke up
"Mommy, Daddy" he screamed he ran to David

"Do you want to say hi to your little sister?" David said he nodded and I showed her to him "Baby sister" he said when she looked at him.

"She has your eyes Stephanie. But looks like her dad. Definitely daddy's little girl." I started crying I couldn't help it "did I say something wrong? " he asked concerned

"No not at all Chris. I told her everything already. " he said. Wait... Chris knew? "You mean she knows?" Yup he knew

"You knew?" He nodded "if you going to say why we didn't tell you well it's simple we didn't want to complicate your pregnancy. Pregnancy is a fragile stage." I nodded understanding there point of view

"How much time left do we have baby?" I asked David

"Well according to the doctor I had 8 to 10 months but that was almost a year ago." I gasped "but Chris and I are praying for at least 2 years." I turned to Chris and said "Chris thank you! I see you really have changed and for that I'm grateful."

"Hey praise the Lord he has changed me life. And you for teaching me a lesson." He started blushing. Hhmmm? That's new.

"He agreed to help you love. When I'm no longer here." I started crying again "Hey no more crying ok? I've taken time from work and they gave me a compensation for my illness and when I'm gone you'll have my life support you and our kids will be taken care of."

"But I want you. I don't care about the money." I said

"I know sweetheart but we have no other choice." He said

"Ok well I'll be leaving to back home for 2 weeks. I have somethings to take care of if you guys need anything please call me. I'll drop Joshi with your mom in your house Stephanie." Chris said and walked away taking Joshi with him "bye mommy and daddy" joshi said

"Hey everthing will be fine." David said and hugged me
*
*
*
*
*
*
"Da-di" Hope said

"Stephanie! Stephanie love! She said it she finally said her first word!"

"Hope say it again for the camera hun"

"Da-di, da-di" he kept saying
*
*
*
*
"Love she's getting there! Come come bring the camera! She standing up!"

"I'm here, I'm here! Ok baby go come to mommy!" She turns around and goes to David instead

He smiles and Joshi says "yup definitely daddy's girls!" He all start laughing
*
*
*
*
*
"
"Happy birthday to you
Remember Jesus loves you,
He made you so special

Happy birthday to you
And to Jesus be true
May the Lord bless and keep you
Happ Happy birthday to you.

Happy Birthday to you
To Jesus be true,
May God's riches blessings
Be always with you.

Happy birthday to you
Just one will not do
Being born of the spirit
Is God's gift to you." We all sang. We are celebrating Hope's 3rd birthday. Today David looks very sick. But he's putting a smile so his our daughter's birthday would be memorizing. The doctors don't know why he is still alive he tell them because God has heard our prayers.

He says he doesn't feel pain. He's mostly tired. He sleeps a lot. Doctor says that it's normal. I've started serving God again. Ever since David told me he was sick I decided that it was time to change my ways and go with my kids and husband to services again.

Chris is actually staying at my house. David told him to stay and help with the kids. He works a lot in the pediatrician hospital but never complains when he babysits our kids. He mentioned that he got an offer to work in a pediatrician clinic so he's taking the job. He says it's a more reliable job and have more reasonable schedules. I'm very proud of him. He has dedicated his life to God, his son, his job, and us. He doesn't go on dates. I've introduced a friend of mine and he said he wasn't interested. My friend keeps bugging me still about him in all sincerity I'm glad he rejected her. He deserves better.

I was interrupted by my thoughts "Love, I'll cut the cake you get the plates" I nodded

"Ok everyone please make a line is time to cut the cake."

The whole day I saw how David kept playing with the kids in the backyard. Joshi and Hope were giggling around and David chasing them. My husband and kids looked so adorable I told the photographer to take pictures of them while they played. It was a Kodak moment without a doubt.

Later that night I tucked the kids in bed and went to take a shower and laid down with my husband. He made love to me like never before. Then we took a moment looking at each other in the eyes. I tear rolled down my cheek. He wiped it and kissed me. "Love, you have made me the most happiest man on earth! Don't you ever forget how much I love you and my kids. May God make you strong and brave. May God give you a strong mind and a strong faith. Teach our kids the love of God. 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' " I nodded and then he hugged me and pressed me close to his chest and whispered in my ear one last thing before he fell asleep "give him a chance"

That was the last night I spend with my husband before he left to be in the presence of God. That night he fell in a deep sleep from which he never woke up!

I was crying when I wrote this! I hope you like it! Please comment!