Chapter 14

(Christofer's POV)
Sandy's family's story

When she said “my dad is in jail." My mind went numb.
“my dad is in jail and he'll there for more years. When he comes out he'll have a restraining order against us."
“Can I ask why?"
“well I can't remember all the details. I just know that when I was younger my mom and him were really happy. That is  until my dad stop going to church and started drinking. My uncle came to live with us too, and well he liked drinking as well. They would drink everyday. My mom wouldn't allow them to drink in the house anymore so they started leaving to bars. Pretty soon my dad stop coming home. My mom discovered that he had a mistress. She decided to divorce him. He was OK with that but he refused to leave the house since his mistress was living with him here. When the judge said that he needed to leave, that day his mistress left him. He was so angry. He beat my mom. Since he was drunk my mom didn't press any charges, one of her biggest mistakes. When my mom got engaged to your dad and he found out. He came by the house and hit her and us (for defending her). He told her 'are you even sure they are mine? Since you are a hooker'."
At that moment I remembered the words I said to them that morning. I felt embarrassed to see her in her face. I put my head down while she continued.
“Neighbors heard the screams and called the cops. He got locked up for 6 years"
When she finished she started crying. I saw how this situacion affected her. I  hugged her until she fell asleep. At that moment I started hating myself. I couldn't believe how incredibly wrong I was; I judge them by the cover and their social status. It was cruel the way a talked to them. They didn't deserve it.

Once she was asleep I put her in her bed. I went to my room and laid down in my bed. As a laid down I knew I needed to change my ways. I didn't feel worthy. That day for the first time I kneeled down a said what it seemed Like a prayer "God I'm sorry. I know I don't deserve to ask for anything but if you do exist please help Sandy and her family. They are hurt and they don't deserve it" with tears in my face I laid down. I then remember of Stefanie. I was so focus on Sandy that I had forgotten about her. Then after a while remembering how beautiful she was and how beautiful she was singing I  fell asleep.

Please vote and comment. God bless!  :)