Chapter 1

A/N: HEY FUCKERS MY BIRTHDAY'S TOMORROW SO GIMMIE SOME LOVE.

April 7th, 2004.

2004 doesn't seem so long ago; but at the same time, it seems like an entirely different lifetime ago. There were no giant touch-sceen cellphones the size of your head. There was no siri to answer your stupid questions. We didn't have ipod touches or cars that drove themselves or a book at the push of a button. Most of the cellphones were flip-phones, and you actually had to ask actual people your stupid questions most of the time aside from the occasional Google search; which had only been possible for six years at the time. There were ipods, but the ipod touch wouldn't be released for another three years; so they the ipod still had actual buttons.

Just as many other things back then were different, so was our beloved Chris Motionless; who then was still mainly known as Christopher Cerulli. He didn't have any tattoos or lip jewelry; he was, however, in the process of stretching his ears. His hair was still only a simple dark brown color, and it looked almost like any other 16 or 17 year old boy's hair.

HD televisions weren't as common as they are now. Nowadays, everyone has a flat screen HD television mounted on their wall. It wasn't uncommon in 2004, but not nearly as common as it is today. However, Chris came from a family of good money, so they had one in their living room.

Seventeen year old Chris walked down the stairs, wearing all black -as usual. He had a touch of eyeliner on as well. His mother, who was sipping on coffee and watching the news, still hadn't noticed it. She was dressed for work, and was paying close attention to the news report and brutal images on the television.

"Many studets at the North Carolina school are still very fearful or traumatized by the shooting that occured there two months ago. On average, the counselors have seen fifteen to twenty students of every grade each week. Some of them are mourning the loss Matthew McClain, the shooter that day; or the seventeen other students that he killed. Four other students were also injured in the event, and we're told that they are recieving extensive counseling as well. We're also told that Matthew McClain's family has -"

"God, Mom, what are you watching?" Chris asks.

"It's the news. They're talking about that awful shooting at that school in North Carolina."

"They're still talking about that? Didn't that happen like, two months ago?" Chris asks, walking into the kitchen where his two younger siblings, Nick and Jenny were eating breakfast.

"It was a tragedy. You know how America loves tragedy." Their mother says.

Chris nods, not really listening, and grabs an orange. Nick and Jenny were having their own conversation. Their mother walks into the kitchen to get some more coffee and sees Chris more directly.

"Oh, no, you are not wearing eyeliner to school." She says.

"Is he wearing makeup again?" Chris' father calls from the other room.

"You guys know that if you make me wash it off now, I'm just gonna put it back on at school."

"What if I take your eyeliner away from you?"

"I'll use Carlie's." Chris states.

His mother sighs, "Then get going before your father sees you."

Chris nods. He says a quick goodbye to everyone, then grabs his things and walks out.

x

Chris walks into West Scranton High School on a day like any other. He was a Junior now, but the school year would be over in a couple of months. Everyone in the school was anxious for summer vacation, Chris included.