Chapter 13 (Slightly Explicit Content)

Oh how I wish for soothing rain

All I wish is to dream again

My loving heart lost in the dark

For hope, I'd give my everything.

Chris was home alone and blasting music in the living room. He was currently listening to 'Nemo' by Nightwish, another band that McKayla had recommended. Chris liked this band too so far. (A/N: Just to clarify, I'm not a fan of this song or really anything this band did before Tarja left two years after this takes place.)

Chris and McKayla had gotten a lot closer since she'd first come to Scranton. Chris considered himself very lucky to have a friend like her.

There's a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Chris calls.

The door opens and Carlie walks in, "Chris?"

Chris smiles, "Hey." He says. He stands and walks over to Carlie before kissing her cheek.

"More music from McKayla?" Carlie asks, referring to the music playing.

"How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess." Carlie deadpans.

Chris shrugs, "We've just been bonding a lot lately over a lot of stuff. Music, skateboarding, comic books..."

"Mhm. Speaking of McKayla, can we talk about her?"

"What about her?"

"I heard Angelo say some pretty interesting things about you to her at her birthday party."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh come on. 'I've seen the way he looks at you, McKayla'. And come to think of it, I think I've seen it too. You like her, don't you?"

"What?! Carlie, how could you say that? I love you."

"That's not saying you don't like her."

"Carlie, you're acting crazy."

"No. I'm not. For once I am thinking perfectly clearly."

"I don't like Kayla like that! My God, how can you not trust me?!"

The argument didn't stop there. It continued on and on for quite a while before something actually happened.

x

I go crazy...crazy...

Baby, I go crazy...

You turn it on...then you're gone

Yeah you drive me crazy...crazy..

Crazy for you baby...

What can I do? Honey...

I feel like the color blue...

'Crazy' by Aerosmith played as McKayla flipped through comic books in her room. Sophie was visiting a sick relative and didn't want McKayla to have to see that or risk her catching anything; so McKayla had the house to herself for the weekend.

McKayla had certainly gotten better since her birthday party. She'd been pretty depressed about her dad leaving then. She still got that way sometimes, but not as often. It was getting better. It was getting easier.

The doorbell rings, bringing McKayla out of Gotham City for a moment. She marks her page and stands. McKayla quickly shuts off the music, then goes downstairs.