Behind The Scenes

Hey everyone! This is the Behind The Scenes Chapter for "Fatal: Part 1 (The First Snow)".

A lot of how McKayla behaves is because of her brother. She wears her hair in a poinytail all the time because that's how it was the day of the shooting, and Matthew said he liked it like that. McKayla also says her favorite band is Mötley Crüe because that was the band shirt she was wearing the last time she saw her brother.

After McKayla crashes her car, her friends make her a list of "100 Reasons to Live". Chris came up with 27 of those 100. Kelly came up with 26, Carlie came up with 25, and Angelo came up with 22. Want to know which ones in particular they came up with?

Chris: 3, 6, 11, 15 ,20, 22 ,28, 34, 37, 40, 43, 48, 52, 59, 64, 65, 68, 72, 76, 79, 83, 87, 90, 94, 96, 97, and 100.

Kelly: 2, 4, 9, 13, 19, 25, 29, 31, 35, 39, 41, 46, 50, 53, 58, 61, 63, 69, 70, 75, 78, 81, 85, 89, 93, and 95.

Carlie: 1, 7, 10, 14, 16, 21, 24, 26, 30, 33, 38, 44, 49, 51, 55, 56, 60, 66, 71, 74, 80, 84, 88, 91, and 98.

Angelo: 5, 8, 12, 17, 18, 23, 27, 32, 36, 42, 45, 47, 54, 57, 62, 67, 73, 77, 82, 86, 92, and 99.

It took me a REALLY long time to organize all of that ^^^

Note that everything here in this story except for the very first chapter is a story that Chris and McKayla are telling McKayla's cancer nurse. Even though the story I have written is in third person, the story that Chris and McKayla are telling the nurse was most likely told by Chris in most parts. You can tell this because of the lack of details in a lot of the parts McKayla has. For example, we never hear that much about the details of her acting class, her dance class, or her vocal class. Also, if McKayla had been telling the nurse the story, we would have known right away what was really happening with Jamie. Yes, some parts of the story were likely told by McKayla (like the school shooting chapter) and maybe even Sophie. But the majority of what the nurse heard that day was likely told by Chris. The reason for this is because a major side affect of cancer and chemo is memory loss, so McKayla probably didn't remember a lot of what happened.

The dead body that McKayla comes across in the hallway during the school shooting was Mr. Stewart's nephew.

Fun fact: I typed chapter six sitting on the floor of a Colorado airport during a two hour lay-over in Denver on my way home for Easter :)

The whole reason Jamie went after McKayla was because Matthew killed the brother of Jamie's friend, Nathan. Nathan's brother was one of the "nerds" in the classroom that Matthew shot a bunch of people in.

In the middle of the story, McKayla tells Chris she'd never go for anyone who was already in a relationship; yet she kisses him in the last chapter. This represents how strongly she feels for him at that point.

On Matt's birthday when McKayla returns from almost jumping off the bridge, Sophie says to her, "I've already lost one of my babies. I won't lose you too." This is to show how dysfunctional their family is at the moment. Sophie KNEW that McKayla was going to try something that day.

Jamie came to Scranton with Nathan specifically for the reason of getting to McKayla. And they'd been stalking McKayla and her friends for quite a while before Jamie made his debut. When we first met Jamie, he tells everyone that he's rich and that he's in a band. However, neither of these are true. He said it simply to make Chris hate him. He enjoyed getting a rise out of Chris. It was all fun and games to him. Jamie lied about pretty much everything about himself in order to get to McKayla.

At one point in the story, McKayla snaps at Chris and says "I'm gonna be with Jamie forever and there isn't anything any of you can do about it!". This is to symbolize how McKayla is feeling trapped and like she won't ever escape.

McKayla gets the part of Maureen in the Broadway in Chicago production. Maureen is a character in the play "Rent" which is the play McKayla stared in.

How did Jamie and Nathan kill Phil? They kidnapped him and put him in the back of their van, then suffocated him so that there wasn't much damage. Then they buried him in the middle of no where so that no one would find him and discover that he didn't actually leave. He was found shortly after McKayla and Sophie moved away and was buried properly next to Matthew in North Carolina.

Hope you enjoyed! Part 2 will be up soon! I have lots of plans for other stories after this trilogy too that you guys should find interesting...let's just say I've realized that diversity is a thing and not everyone has black hair and pale skin. You guys will love all that I have in store!

See ya Monday!

xoxo, Scissorhands