Chapter 2

A/N: The new wattpad update is weird...

Chris walked out of his house the next morning at the time he usually did. McKayla walked out as well, wearing an outfit similar to the one she wore the day before; only now she was in a Nirvana T-shirt. Chris smiles and walks over to greet her.

"Hey."

McKayla smiles, "Hey. You walking too?"

"Just until I can get my damn car. Walking is better than riding the bus with a bunch of dicks that are always trying to start a fight."

"Thanks for the heads up."

"No problem." Chris says as they start walking, "How's unpacking going?"

"Good, but I've still got a lot to go."

"I bet Ange or Carlie would help you if you asked. I would too but I've gotta work after school."

"I'll have to ask them then."

"You nervous for your first day?"

"A little. Everyone hated me at my last school."

"Really? Why's that?"

McKayla looks down and plays with her bracelet, "It's a long story. Not really worth telling..."

x

McKayla closes her locker and Angelo walks up to her.

"Hey." He greets, "You settling in alright?"

"Yeah, I guess. I just feel weird coming to a new school this late in the year."

"Nah, you'll be fine. C'mon, I see Chris and Carlie."

They walk up to Chris and Carlie. McKayla was happy that she'd made new friends so quickly.

"Hey, McKayla." Carlie greets with a smile, "Chris told me you needed some help unpacking. If you want, I can come over after school and help you with some of your things."

"Really? Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks." McKayla says.

"Here, lemmie see your schedule." Chris says.

McKayla hands the piece of paper to Chris and he observes it.

"Okay cool. You can I have the same first period, which is algebra; and the same fourth period, which is homeroom. You've got second period with Ange; third, sixth and seventh with Carlie and fifth is lunch. As for eighth and ninth period, you'll be on your own, but we'll help you as best we can."

McKayla nods, "Thanks." She says, taking her schedule back.

The warning bell rings.

"Fuck. Okay, we better get going." Chris says. He quickly kisses Carlie and says a quick goodbye to Angelo before gesturing for McKayla to follow him. They head to first period, Mr. Stewart's class.

When they get there, Chris sits down and McKayla stands in the front of the classroom, waiting to be told what to do.

The teacher, Mr. Sewart, stands from his desk.

"Alright, class, let's get - oh." He says, noticing McKayla, "You must be our new student. McKayla McClain. From North Carolina. I had a nephew in North Carolina. I don't anymore."

Mr. Stewart's nephew died in some horrible accident a couple months ago; at least, that was the rumor that was floating around the school. No one really knew how though. No one had ever really spoken out about it.

"You can go sit in that empty seat in the back row." Mr. Stewart says to McKayla.

McKayla walks over to sit at the desk, when someone raises their hand.

"What is it, Cerulli?"

"Uh, she's not gonna be able to see al lthe way back there. She's short. No offense, Kayla."

"None taken." McKayla says.

Chris had always sort of been the quiet kid in the school, so for him to voulentarily speak out in class was unusual.

"There are four other open seats that would be better for her than in the very back." Chris continues.

"Yeah? Well I'm the teacher and I say she sits in the back."

McKayla suddenly makes a bold move and walks back up to the front of the room. She approaches the teacher and whispers something to him. He whispers something back. No one could make out what they were saying to each other. After they whisper to each other for a good three minutes, Mr. Stewart just stares at McKayla a moment.

"Take that seat in the second row." He finally says.

x

The first half of the rest of the day was pretty good for McKayla because she had a friend in each period. The last two periods, however, weren't so good. It went a little something like this:

McKayla was walking to her biology class on her own. She'd been told where the room was though, so she knew where she was going.

A tall guy walking in the opposite direction sees McKayla and smirks. As they walked passed each other, he knocks her books to the ground and begins laughing.

"Hey!" McKayla exclaims, "Watch where you're going, jackass!"

"Ohh no! I'm so sorry, Miss McClain. Don't shoot!" The guy says dramatically, putting his hands up in mock surrender. He then walks away laughing.

McKayla's face turns bright red. She gets on her knees and begins to pick her books up. She then stands and continues on to her class, ignoring everyone around her.

x

McKayla didn't tell anyone about the guy that knocked her books down.

Now, she and Carlie were in McKayla's room with a Misfits album playing as they sifted through boxes.

"The good thing is, your room is really big. You'll have room for everything and it'll look really cool in here once you've got everything unpacked." Carlie comments.

"That's certainly the hope." McKayla says.

Carlie opens a random box and pulls out a framed picture of McKayla and some guy. He had dark black hair and bright green eyes.

"Who's this? Is he your boyfriend?" Carlie wonders.

McKayla looks at the picture, "I don't have a boyfriend." She states before her face falls, "That's my brother."

Carlie pauses, "Oh." She states, "This looks...recent."

McKayla nods, "It is."

"I'm so sorry..."

McKayla shrugs, "It's okay."

Carlie looks down at the picture again, "Have you and your family ever been through Scranton before you moved here? I feel like I've seen your brother before somewhere..."

McKayla thinks, "Um... Well we have family in Kingston so... maybe..."

"I can't think of where I might have seen him, I just feel like I have... weird."

A/N: Are you catching on? So what do you guys think of me making Carlie nice? Is it a good change from other stories that made her bitchy or do you wish I'd made her mean? I'm not going to change her character no matter what you guys say haha I just want to know what you think.

QOTD: Does anyone know (or at least have an idea) what size Chris' ears are stretched to? I don't know how those sizes are measured but I need it for a story that I'm going to start plannning soon.

Let me know!

xoxo, Scissorhands.