Final Battle (3)

After two months, the team was ready. Their plan was to ambush Hawkmoth or at the very least bring the battle to him. The reason was obvious. With the amount of energy, he had been collecting there was no way that he would be beaten without catching him off guard. Thankfully, the team had just the right person for that job. In case Hawkmoth had akumatized too many people, Pigletta would use her power of joy to bring the people of Paris out of their negative states. 

There was no guarantee that the plan would work, but it was better than nothing.

Now, before the entire royal army and the Defenders of Sherwood, Chat Noir and Ladybug made their announcement. "Tomorrow morning," Adrien began. "We will fight against our enemy. Tomorrow, we will save our friends and family. Tomorrow, we will rescue the Kingdom of our Queen. She believed in harmony, and right now, there are two people who threaten that harmony. So, here and now, tell me if you are willing to fight, but if you are not, then you are free to return to your homes. I will not hold it against any of you who chose to not participate in this battle. Now, tell me, who's fighting?"

A roar of applause and cheer echoed throughout the palace grounds. It was clear that everyone was ready for battle. As the cheers began to settle down, Ladybug made her presence known.

"First, I would like to thank you all for being here," she began. "Tomorrow morning, at the crack of dawn, we will set for France through Sherwood forest. You will listen to me and Chat Noir as we will guide you through the forest. I will repeat these words again tomorrow, but right here and now, remember, your duty is to protect the citizens of Paris, fight off the Paris army, and fend off as many akumas as possible. Do not attack them. They are human beings, and, thus, must be treated as such. Leave deakumatizing the citizens to me and my team. Now, this is your last chance, will you stand with us?"

Another round of cheers and applause roared from the crowd. They began to chant the names of Ladybug and Chat Noir. The soldiers soon settled down and went to their respected homes for a good night's sleep. Meanwhile, Ladybug and Chat Noir detransformed along with their team. Everyone stood before them.

"Thank you guys," Marinette smiled. "I know that it will be dangerous but--"

"Girl, please!" Alya interrupted. "You know I got your back."

Marinette smiled.

"Same here!" Nino chimed in. "I'll always have your back Adrien!"

The rest of the team agreed with them. After a long while, they separated to rest for the big battle in the morning. Marinette and Adrien were left alone on the training grounds. They held hands as they walked inside the castle.

"Marinette--"

"Adrien--"

They said each other's names at the same time. The two looked at each other and laughed.  Even as normal people, they still kept their personalities. Adrien knew that tomorrow could be the last day he saw Marinette, and the same was said vice versa. Neither of them knew what tomorrow would bring. However, in the end, it would all be left up to fate.

The two were strangers before becoming partners and then lovers. They recognized their feelings, but what good would it do now? Adrien felt guilty that he kept the truth from Marinette, but he understood that it was a must. She couldn't reveal her identity either.

Marinette thought about her feelings as well. She was true to her word that Chat Noir and Adrien were the same person. The only difference was the mask. Marinette was the same. She and Ladybug were the same person as well. 

"Marinette," Adrien spoke first.

"Yes?" answered Marinette.

"I wanted to say that when we get back after the battle tomorrow, will you be my princess forever?" he asked.

"What are you saying, Adrien?" Marinette asked with blushed cheeks.

"I, Prince Adrien, am asking you, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, to marry me."