Defenders of Sherwood (3)

The two stood face to face.  A girl dressed as a ladybug and a boy dressed as a cat.  "You must be my ally," Chat Noir stated.

Ladybug looked at him and realized the meaning of the note.  Was he the ally Tikki and the note talked about?

"Welcome," a mysterious voice said.

Ladybug and Chat Noir looked around for the source.  "Lower your eyes and open your minds," the voice said.

Ladybug and Chat Noir looked down to see an old man.  He had gray hair, mustache, and beard.  Both his hands were behind his back as he smiled at them.

"Who are you?" asked Chat Noir.

The old man smiled at the boy's curiosity.  "I am the protector of the items you received."

"You mean my earrings?"  Ladybug said holding one of her earrings with her bow still in the other hand.

"And my ring?"  Chat Noir said making a fist with his hand as he looked at his ring.

The old man nodded.  "Yes, but we mustn't talk here.  Follow me and I will answer all your questions."

Ladybug and Chat Noir looked at each other than followed the old man.  Ladybug still had her bow in her hand, because she didn't know where to put it.  "And Ladybug," the old man said as he stopped.  "You can put your bow back in your cloak," the old man turned with a smirk.

Ladybug lifted her cloak and put her bow back inside.  She was amazed that the bow disappeared.  It had gone inside her cloak, she didn't even feel it.  "Come.  We have much to discuss."

Ladybug and Chat Noir followed the old man deeper into the forest.  They both knew of the legends but didn't know what to expect.  It is said that Sherwood is home to numerous creatures and that there is a secret that very few know.

The old man stopped at a veil of vines and told them to enter.  At first, they didn't understand.  "Enter where?  This is just a--woah!" Chat Noir screamed as he fell under the veil of vines.  Chat Noir had tried leaning against what he thought would be a rock behind the veil but instead fell to the ground.

"Chat Noir!" Ladybug shouted worriedly.

"Don't worry, Ladybug.  He's fine," the old man said calmly.

"He's right," Chat Noir said standing up.  "There's a tunnel here."

The old man nodded then walked over to the veil, lifting it for the two to enter.  Ladybug entered and walked through the cave with Chat Noir and the old man close behind.  Upon reaching the exit, a beautiful forest was revealed.  Birds were singing, rabbits, squirrels, and even the sun was shining brightly over the flowering trees.  "So this is the mystery of Sherwood.  The real forest was hidden within itself," said Ladybug.

"Very clever, Ladybug.  It seems I have chosen wisely," said the old man as he stroked his white beard.  "This way, we're almost there."

"Where?" Chat Noir asked following him.

"There," the old man said looking forward.

Ladybug and Chat Noir looked where the old man's eyes were pointing and couldn't believe their eyes.  

A small house like castle stood before them

A small house like castle stood before them.  The house was very cute and the stone structure only enhanced its adorableness.  The house was well hidden.  The trees and rocks provided the perfect cover.

"Shall we?" asked the old man, gesturing them inside.

Chat Noir was the first to go in, then Ladybug.  As they entered, they saw a fireplace in a living room with a couch on top of the rug.  A wooden dining table and chairs with a beautiful chandelier hanging above it.  The kitchen was fully stocked with a stove, cabinets, counters, even a window looking out into the forest.

"Wow~," said Ladybug.

"Wow is right," replied Chat Noir.

"How about we have a seat and I will explain everything to you?" Asked the old man sitting at the dining room table.

Wanting to know more, Ladybug and Chat Noir sat down next to him.  Ladybug on one side, Chat Noir on the other.

"My name is Master Fu and I am the Guardian of the Miraculous.  What are miraculous you might ask.  Why, they are the ring and earrings you both wear.  Why us?   Because you have proven yourselves worthy.  Both of you have kind hearts and I sensed no evil inside of them.  The reason I gave you the miraculous is because they are in danger," he explained.

"Danger?" asked Ladybug.

"Yes.  An evil man called Hawkmoth, seeks the miraculous you wear and if he succeeds in capturing them, then he will achieve ultimate power."

"Who's Hawkmoth and what does he have to do with the king of France?" Asked Chat Noir.

Master Fu nodded.  "Hawkmoth is someone who also possesses a miraculous.  He made a deal with King John that allowed him to search for your miraculous while at the same time keeping king John's greedy actions a secret.  And I understand you both are of French origin.  Right, Cat Noir?"

Ladybug looked at Master Fu.  She was confused because of the way he pronounced Chat Noir's name.  "Okay, so what you're saying is that it's our duty to protect our miraculous and defeat Hawkmoth?"

"That is correct, Ladybug.  You both have been given tremendous power that will help you in your battle.  Ladybug, your arrows will never let you miss a target.  As long as you focus and trust your bow, you will never miss.  Chat Noir, your weapons and reflexes will never fail you.  Your body will more agile and your power of destruction will lead you and Ladybug to victory," Master Fu explained.

"What do you mean by power of destruction?"  Asked Chat Noir.

"That is your superpower.  Chat Noir has the power of destruction with his Cataclysm.  Whereas Ladybug, has the power of creation with her Lucky Charm."

"This is a lot to take in," commented Ladybug.

"I know and I apologize as well, but the fate of the world is at stake.  I would not give you the miraculous if I did not trust you.  And there is one thing that must remain secret.  Your identities.  Who you are under the mask must never be revealed.  If they are, then you and your loved ones will be in great danger."