Prologue (Part 1)

France was a flourishing country. Its people enjoyed life to the fullest with their baked goods and flowerful nature. One particular person was the village baker of Paris, the center capital of France. The baker spent his days doing what he loved the most, baking delicious bread and desserts for the village people.

His desserts were known throughout the country and soon reached the king himself. The king of France requested a meeting with the baker. At first, the baker did not believe that the king of France, himself, wanted to see common baker.

Giving it much thought, the baker accepted the king's invitation and prepared himself for the journey. When the baker arrived, he was greeted by, none other than the king himself. The baker kneeled before his royal highness, but the king insisted that he stand. The baker did as the ordered and stood face to face with his majesty.

The king welcomed the baker and had a request he would like fulfilled. His daughter's 18th birthday was only days away and he wanted to make it the best birthday she'd ever had. The baker complimented the king on his kindness, but was curious as to why the king called him here. The king smiled at the baker and told him that he was the one to make the cake for his daughter's birthday.

The baker was baffled and most of all shocked! The baker was speechless, which caused the king to laugh. Mustering all his courage, the baker agreed. The king rejoiced and showed the baker to the kitchen, where he would prepare the cake.

When the baker entered the kitchen, the king introduced him to his baking assistant. The king figured that a task such as this would be too much for one person to handle. So, he called on the head chef's daughter to assist the baker.

The chef's daughter presented herself to the king and the baker. The baker was captivated by the chef's daughter. However, he tried for his feelings not to show.

The king left the baker and the chef's daughter to their work. The baker introduced himself as, Tom. The chef's daughter introduced herself as, Sabine, and the two began to work on the design for the cake.

Sabine and Tom spent a lot of time together not just designing the cake, but also getting to know one another. Tom thought he would not be a good match for Sabine, for he was just a simple baker and she was the daughter of the king's head chef. Tom tried to subdue his feelings, but they were too much for him. He fell in love with the woman he tried so hard not to.

Soon the princess's 18th birthday arrived, Tom and Sabine were to present the cake they worked so hard on. Tom was very nervous, his palms were sweaty and heart was beating fast. Sabine comforted him and stood by his side. The two of them stood hand in hand as they presented the cake to the princess.

The princess was so happy! She couldn't believe how beautiful the cake was. The buttercream icing and the floral candy gems decorated the cake. She told her father that it looked too good to eat, which only made Tom blush with embarrassment. The princess thanked Tom and Sabine for the wonderful cake. Tom and Sabine told the princess that it was an honor to serve her.

After the princess's party, Tom and Sabine went their separate ways as Tom returned to his village and Sabine stayed in the palace. As Tom worked, he could not forget Sabine, no matter how much he tried. The amount of goods baked could not measure to the feelings he felt for Sabine.

The more time passed, the more Tom's heart ached. Ome morning while Tom was putting the bread out to cool, a announcement was made throughout France. Princess Emilie of France was getting married to King Gabriel of England and through this marriage England and France would be close friends. People cheered throughout the country of France. The two countries would now be friends and their princess would be happily married.

Although Tom was happy for the princess, he saw this as an opportunity to move on. He thought it would be better for him to move to England. He would be far away from Sabine, the woman he loved so much. His heart ached more at his plan, but he knew it was for the best.

After the wedding, Tom packed his things and began his journey to England. He looked back one final time at his village, before never looking back again. His journey came to an end when he arrived in the village of Nottingham. He saw they already had a baker, but there would be no harm in having another. Tom began to work with village baker, finally his mind was clear of Sabine and his old home. Or so he thought.

One night as Tom was closing the bakery, he saw a figure walk toward him. Due to the darkness, he was unable to see who it was. He told the figure the bakery was closed and that they should come back tomorrow. The figure only spoke his name and Tom knew immediately who it was.

He couldn't believe his eyes. It was Sabine. Her blue hair shined in the moonlight and her blue eyes reflected her warm pink smile. Tom was overjoyed, but he asked her why she was her and how she found him. Sabine confessed to Tom her feelings and she told him how easy it was to ask people about a famous baker.

Tom smiled and at that moment he asked her to marry him. Sabine accepted and the two were wed. Not only were they husband and wife, but they now had a child. A baby girl, they called her, Marinette. The family spent their days baking and teaching their daughter about being a kind to others and having a good heart.

Marinette would always listen to her parents, she had no reason not to. She even met her best friend, Alya, when accompanying her parents on a delivery. Marinette enjoyed every moment of her life, she never once took things for granite.

That is until, the day Marinette's parents went back to France. They had to make a delivery to an old friend, but the day left they left, they never came back. Aparrently there was an epidemic in Tom's old village and Marinette's parents did not survive. By this time, Marinette was a teenager, so upon her parent's death, she inherited their bakery. She mourned for them wishing she could've gone with them.

Every day was tiring for Marinette, but Alya stayed by her side every step of the way. The two were inseparable. Marinette never once forgot about her parents, she knew this bakery was their dream. And that she was the one to continue that dream.