Final Battle (Final)

The trio ran through the forest. As if sensing their urgency, the forest cleared the way for them. Chat Noir was in the front while Ladybug and Rena Rouge were in behind him. They had to hurry before it was too late. When they reached the palace, they were with monsters. 

"Looks like Hawkmoth was expecting us," Ladybug commented.

"You guys, go ahead," Rena Rouge cracked her knuckles. "I got this."

Ladybug nodded. If anyone could handle this situation, it would be her best friend. Without wasting any time, the duo entered the castle. Chat Noir's breathing was heavy, and it wasn't just from the running. He had already lost his mother and his grandfather! There was no way that he would lose his father too.

The two barreled through every guard that fought against them. Chat Noir's rage guided him, but Ladybug kept him on the right path. With a somewhat calm mind, Chat Noir was the first to burst through the throne room door, and what he saw set chills up his spine.

On the ground, his father lay in a pool of his blood with Prince John only a few feet away in the same position both having swords near their bodies. Carapace was fighting against Hawkmoth in a one-on-one battle.

"FATHER!" Chat Noir shouted as he rushed over to his side. Ladybug went to help Carapace providing much-needed backup.

Ladybug threw a few punches at Hawkmoth. He dodged and returned her attack with a swing of his staff. Carapace blocked the attack. Using his strength, he pushed Hawkmoth forward, which gave Ladybug the opportunity to shoot one of her arrows.

While the battle raged on, Chat Noir held his father in his arms. 

"Adrien," the king whispered.

"Shh," Adrien cooed. "Don't talk. You're going to be ok."

"My boy, I'm so sorry," Gabriel coughed. "I was so wrapped up in my own grief that I failed to see yours. After I lost your mother, I buried myself in my kingdom and left you alone. I should have been a better father."

"No," tears prickled Adrien's eyes. "You were a great father. I'm sorry I ran away. I should have told you my feelings earlier. I knew you had my best interest at heart, but at the same time, I hated you for not being there for me when I needed you. I didn't want to grow up. I wanted to be a child for a bit longer."

"I know. I'm sorry I took that away from you. You have every right to be mad at me. I should have been there for my son. I have a feeling your mother is going to yell at me for that."

"What are you talking about? You're going to be fine. It's just a small injury--"

Adrien was cut off by a loud cough. His father's warmth began to fade as he watched him smile weakly. He lifted his hand and placed it on his son's crying face. Adrien placed his hand over his father's. "Adrien, I am so proud of you," he began. "And I'm sorry for leaving you again. But, before I go, I wanted you to know that I love you and that you'll be a great king. You'll be a great father, better than me."

"W-what are you saying?" Adrien choked back his tears.

"You have my blessing to marry Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and also my hope for forgiveness to the person I hurt the most."

"I FORGIVE YOU! I FORGIVE YOU!" Adrien cried, holding his father's hand tightly. "Please...." he croaked.

Gabriel gave his son the brightest he could before his eyes closed. Adrien hugged his father's body. He cried like the little boy he was. He cried like the child he was. After a few moments, Adrien's eyes gazed at Hawkmoth. His glossy eyes thinned. Slowly and carefully, Adrien placed his father on the ground. Covered in his father's blood, Adrien charged at Hawkmoth.

He was caught off guard. Using his daggers, Chat Noir managed to disarm hawkmoth. "Carapace!"

With a jump, he grabbed the staff.  Chat Noir lunged forward knocking Hawkmoth to the ground. "You!" he growled. "You took my father away from me!"

"Chat Noir!" Ladybug shouted.

"Now, it's your turn to pay!"

"Adrien, don't do it!" Carapace pleaded.

"CATACLYSM!"