Finding Adrien (3)

The day had come to a close and the kingdom slept. However, in the castle, Prince John and Hawkmoth began to carry out their master plan. Unfortunately, in order to carry out their plan, they needed a special pawn. One who's hatred would be to their advantage and would prove useful in the future. Hawkmoth sent out his akuma to find someone with the most hatred. The two watched from the comfort of Hawkmoth's lair. 

The small butterfly flew the night searching and searching. The poor creature could not find the right amount of hatred for its master. So, it continued its search without rest. During the day, it would still search while also hiding in the shadows to avoid any unwanted attention. It finally perched itself in a tall tree where it had an ariel view of all people. There, it waited till it sensed a person of pure rage and deceitful nature.

**

Marinette attended business as usual. Working the bakery during the day, and searching for Adrien at night. It's been over a month since he went missing, and the king offering a big reward for his son's safe return. 

"Where could he be?" Marinette mumbled.

"Don't worry," Tikki popped out on her owner's shoulder. "We'll find him."

"I hope so," she sighed. "I'm just worried Hawkmoth and Prince John will find him first, or even worse, he'll be akumatized."

Marinette buried her face in her hands with a sad groan. Tikki rubbed her owner's face to comfort her.

DING!

The kwami jumped and quickly hid in Marinette's apron pocket. The baker looked up and saw Alya. Her best friend had come to check on her. She noticed her behavior and had a pretty good idea of what was going on. After all, the whole kingdom was worried about their prince.

"Hey, girl," Alya waved.

Marinette remained silent and simply waved back.

"Why don't you close shop early, and come shopping with me? We haven't had any girl time lately, and I think it's best to get you out of this stuffy place," Alya grinned.

Marinette was hesitant, but then grabbed her and shoved her out the door. Talk about stubborn. The baker argued that she had to get her bread out of the oven, get her purse, and lock up.

Alya threw Marinette's satchel out the door. 

"Done!" Alya said, pointing to the covered bread on the counter. "As for locking up I got a key, so chill girl! You are so not getting out of this," she grinned, spinning the key on her index finger.

Marinette rolled her eyes. Clearly, Alya was one step ahead; as always.

The girls walked through the market laughing and enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. Alya took Marinette to a fabric store, and she exploded. There were so many patterns, clothes, ribbons, and everything a designer could dream of. Marinette searched through all the fabric and felt each one.

Alya was looking through some as well. Marinette glanced over and noticed a chain around her neck. Of course, she knew what it was.  It was the fox miraculous. Normally, Marinette would take it back, but since this was an emergency and, Hawkmoth could attack at any time; she thought it would be best to let Alya keep it for now.

"Hey, Marinette, what about this one?" Alya called.

Marinette walked over and couldn't believe how beautiful it was. It was purple and black with small glitter all over it. Anyone would think they were stars. Come to think it..When was the last time she actually designed anything?  Between looking for Adrien, fighting Hawkmoth, defending Paris, and running the bakery, she's barely had any time for herself.  Would a day off be selfish? Then again, with Alya on the team, things could become easier.

Marinette shook her head. Ladybug wasn't that type of that person nor was she.

"I need to relax," Marinette sighed.

"Isn't that the point of this girl time?" Alya smirked.

Marinette jumped a bit, but gave Alya a smile. Her best friend was trying to help her relax, so why not?

After completing her pick of fabrics, the girls continued to their day out.  They went all over town. From the dress stores, to the hats, and shoes, they spent the day just being girls. It's been a while since Marinette felt like this. She enjoyed every minute. 

Their feet ached from all the walking, so they decided to enjoy a sweet treat at a near by cafe.  The girls sat inside at a small booth, and waited for the waiter to ask what they would like. When he arrived, Alya ordered summer pudding, while Marinette ordered rice pudding. The waiter left, and within a few moments returned with their desserts.

Marinette's face lit up. Looks like she needed the sugar boost.

"So, what'd ya think?" Alya asked, taking a bite of her pudding.

"I so needed this," Marinette yawned. 

"And I so need a nap."

"Diddo."

"Obviously.'

The two laughed and talked for next hour.  For once, they forgot about their responsibilities. For once, they forgot about the pain. And for one, they enjoyed the freedom they loved so much.

Alya walked Marinette home and helped her put her things upstairs. When they got to her room, Marinette put down her things, and proceeded out her room with Alya's. Unfortunately, that didn't go as planned.

"And what do you think you're doing?" Alya asked, blocking the doorway.

"I'm going to help you put your things away. We did buy a lot of stuff," she explained.

"Don't worry about it, girl. I got this."

"But--"

No, buts. You deserve this time off, and besides, I can carry my twice my own weight. In case you forgot, my family runs a bar. If that gives you any ideas."

Marinette shook her head. Of course, she knew. Alya's sister, Nora, did enjoy that part of the job, too.

"At least let me get the door for you," she insisted.

"Absolutely not! You need your rest, and if I let you walk me out, then you'll never sleep." Alya grabbed all her items with one hand, and twirled the spare key to the other.  "Leave it to me, girl." She smirked.

Before Marinette could say anything, Alya shut the door.

Alya - 2

Marinette - 0

As usual.

**

I AM STILL ALIVE! I hope you guys are ok! Please say in the comments because with all this mess going I want to make sure we all stand together and try to be positive. I know this is all hard for everyone, especially college students, but don't worry, we'll make it through :)

See you next time!