The Missing Prince

After the king finished his duties, he immediately went to his son's room. He had to talk to him. Gabriel felt a sting in his chest when his son spoke to him in the throne room. This matter....was urgent.

When Gabriel arrived, he noticed something strange. Normally, there'd be guards in front of the door, but no one was there. At that moment, he knocked on the door. There was no answer.

"Adrien," he called.

Still nothing. Gabriel burst through the door and looked around. His son, his only child...was gone.

*

"Marinette, Marinette!" Alya shouted coming into the bakery.

Marinette stopped whatever she was doing and immediately looked to Alya.  She asked her friend what was wrong and her reply was shocking.

"Prince Adrien is missing!" Alya shouted.

Marinette's eyes widened. "What? Are you sure? How did this happen?"

"It's true," Alya started. "The king went to visit him, but when he got there all he found was Adrien's crown."

No...Adrien...Was he to be a victim of Prince John and Hawkmoth too? No! She couldn't assume the worst. Maybe he was kidnapped?.... "Okay, that's the worst thing I could ever think of," she thought to herself.

Alya explained that the king sent guards to search all of Nottingham for Adrien, and they've also notified Prince John. Marinette felt chills run up her spine. Prince John knows that Adrien is missing! This is bad. If he knows Adrien is missing, then he'll stop at nothing to make sure he's missing. 

The whole point of King Richard ruling Paris in the first place was because Adrien wasn't ready yet. Now since John took over things have gone from bad to worse. And since John loves the throne so much, instead of help search for Adrien, he'll most likely have Hawkmoth make sure that Adrien is dead.

After Alya left, Marinette sent a message to Chat Noir. Wherever or whoever he was, Chat had to know about this. Adrien's life was in danger and only the two of them could save him.

Meanwhile, in Sherwood Forest, a certain cat wallowed in the grassy plains deep within the forest.

That's right! Chat Noir aka Prince Adrien ran away to the house that was hidden within the forest. He arrived, and sort of surprised Master Fu. Fu smiled and invited the young man inside for some tea. There Chat Noir explained everything. Why he was here, and what happened at the castle. Master Fu understood but told him that he had to return home soon. Chat Noir knew that too, but he just wasn't ready.  After their conversation, Chat Noir stepped outside to enjoy the fresh air and clear his head.

Maybe Fu was right, maybe he should return home, but what would be there for him. After the whole discussion with his father, Adrien just couldn't take it anymore. What was the point of staying there?

Although, he would be lying if he said he didn't care. Of course, he was worried about his friend, but what could he do? No one understood what he felt. How it felt to be neglected and ignored by their father.  Then it donned on him that someone did know what it was like. But she lost her parents.

He remembered walking by the kitchen one day before he had even met Marinette; he heard people talking about a baker in the village. They all praised yet pitied this baker. They kept saying that she was so talented, and brave to continue her late parent's dream.

Adrien felt a twinge of guilt. Marinette lost both her parents, while he only lost his mother. That explained her attitude toward the discussion about his father. She didn't have a father, but she understood what he did because he loved her. She was naive but in a good way. 

Adrien began to think that things would be better if he didn't exist, or better yet if only one of him existed. Chat Noir could do whatever he wanted, while Prince Adrien Agreste remained trapped in the castle forever. Maybe...Perhaps...

"Maybe Adrien should disappear...for good this time."