Solo Mission (3)

Chat ran through the woods hoping to lose the akuma, but it was hot on his tail.  Without his partner, Chat Noir had to think on his feet and he did.  Using his cat abilities, the young hero jumped from tree to tree and slid through the cracks of the bushes.  He made it to a clearing in the woods and took a moment to breathe.

However, in his moment of relief, Evilillustrator pounced on Chat.  The two wrestled for the pencil.  Evilillustrator managed to pin Chat down and was only moments away from retrieving his weapon.

Suddenly, a single arrow passed through the small space that was between them.  The arrow's target was the pencil which was now broken.  Out of the pencil came a small purple butterfly.  Chat pushed the Evilillustrator off of him and backed away, knowing his lady was close.

"Time to devilize!" she shouted.

Within moments, the once purple butterfly changed into a white butterfly and flew away into the night.  "Sorry, I'm late, Chatton," Ladybug said outstretching her hand.  Her partner smiled and accepted her help.

*

Chat Noir and Ladybug helped Nathaniel get home.  Afterward, the two heroes returned to Sherwood forest.  Chat Noir insisted on returning to the hideout to speak with Ladybug.  His eyes showed great concern, so she accepted.

The whole walk Chat Noir was silent, which only worried Ladybug more.  Once there, he allowed Ladybug to enter first.

"Chat, are you okay?" she asked with concern.

"Where were you?" he bluntly asked.

"What?"

"Where were you?"

"I was injured, remember?  But I'm better now."

"You sure?"

Ladybug nodded, then Chat Noir wrapped his arms around her.  He whispered in her ear how scared he was during the mission.  He thought Marinette would be in great danger because of him.  The two of them were partners.  Without Ladybug, Chat felt he would ruin everything.

"Oh, Chat..." she whispered.

Ladybug comforted him for as long as he needed to.  She felt him relax in her arms, and she thought it would be best to wait til he was ready.

**

The next few days were rough for Adrien.  With Hawkmoth creating new villains, Prince John hunting him and Ladybug, and his princely duties, Adrien was overwhelmed.  The hardest villain he fought was Zombizou.  She turned all of Paris into her own kissing zombie army.  When Ladybug devilized her, she was revealed to a school teacher, who was simply protecting one of her students from Hawkmoth.

Adrien leaned back in his chair.  He had been so busy lately, that he didn't have much time for himself.  He wanted to transform into Chat Noir, but this time it was for fun.  He liked being Chat Noir because unlike Prince Adrien, the rebellious cat could do whatever he wanted.  Jump from building to building, go out for walks, and see the world the beloved Queen Emilie loved so much.

He sighed.  his mind had been made up.  Tonight, he would become Chat Noir and enjoy a night on the town.

*

The day was long for Marinette.  The past few days were so rough.  With Hawkmoth creating new villains, Prince John hunting her and Chat Noir, and her baker duties, Marinette was overwhelmed.  The hardest villain was Timebreaker.  With a single touch, she could make someone frozen in time.  She stole their time in order to travel back.  When she was devilized, Timebreaker was just a kid.  No older than Marinette.  She was akumatized because her pocket watch, a gift from her father, was broken.

Marinette leaned back against the bakery counter.  The broom still grasped between her hands; she rotated her neck to relieve herself of the growing stiff.  A couple cracks gave her neck some relief, but the rest of her body still ached.  Alya had come by to wake Marinette up since she overslept...again.

"Marinette, are you okay?" the little kwami asked, peeping out of her owner's apron pocket.

"Just tired," she yawned.

"Maybe you should close up early and get some rest.  There's no harm, besides Alya's worried about you."

Tikki was right.  Alya was starting worry.  She knew Marinette's routine and that her best friend would never oversleep unless something was wrong.  The baker girl sighed, then agreed to Tikki's idea.  As soon as the sunset, Marinette would close up.  A little rest wouldn't hurt and after all the fighting she's done, she needed it.