Chapter 15

„Dear Diary,

"Busca el momento y hazlo perfecto."

Look for the moment and make it perfect.

Those are the words Guzman wrote me today. I was surprised at how thoughtful he was when he wrote me my birthday wishes. He even gifted me a new muggle drawing set. Everyone around me, that don't have anything to do with muggle stuff looked confused all over.

I love the drawing kit I got. The whole day I did nothing else than to try it. Various styles, different objects. It took some time, but I think I have the hang of them now.

Moreover, I figured something important out. I am better in drawing people than objects anyways. I asked Gemma today if she does have anything against it, would I draw her. She didn't mind, mostly because I for once don't annoy her while she studies. The pictures didn't turn out exceptionally great, but better than expected.

Then I tried Sean later and even Louis. I think if I just keep practicing I am able to draw them just how they look. Would be nice to be able to gift other people drawings as a personal gift one day.

Sometimes I miss Guzman. Especially on days like this. I always enjoyed my birthdays when I was younger. Because that meant I was in the center of attention. I love to get positive attention, I can't change it.

Maybe I got that from my mamà? She always makes drama out of minor inconveniences. Then she naturally has everyone's attention and she laughs it off and does a big show. I used to remake her gestures when I was younger, I think there even exists a video recording of us.

With Guzman here on my birthdays we could have done all the things we used to do on birthdays. Like the waking up prank on one another, then he always hides my presents so I have to find them, it's like a tradition you could say to that and of course the dancing.

Guzman would never admit it to his friends, but he is a very good dancer and somehow we developed the hang to dance at birthdays. When papà had his 40th birthday we even choreographed a routine. A very bad one, but we don't judge that.

But even though Guzman wasn't here to make this birthday perfect it was great nonetheless. Gemma and Sean brought me this cool book about famous wizard artists through the time and Louis showed up with a huge bag of sweets for me to enjoy. My parents brought me a camera (and yes it was a magic one, now I can produce my own moving pictures) Gemma also gifted me a few joke products from Zonko's in private and I got a lot of happy birthdays from different people.

When the twins and Lee realized what was going on the immediately came running over to congratulate me. I hugged each one of them as a thank you. I mean they are my friends after all, that isn't weird or anything. I just wished to hug Fred longer. His skin feels so soft the way I imagined. When I let go of him (I hugged him the last) he took ahold of my hand for some time. I didn't say anything. I don't know why he did that, but I enjoyed it.

Now when I'm doodling I always have to draw hands. Like hands that hold each other, hands that interlink their pinkies, simple plain hands.

I think I might have a problem.

Apart from my birthday news, other news turned out really well as well.

The prank I planned on Saturday turned out just as wanted. In our first two lessons we have herbiology with the Gryffindors. But those two lesson had to be canceled because something made some plants grow violently and you would have been unable to hold a lesson.

The students cheered the secret pranker on once again. The faces the twins pulled. They weren't amused. Fred once told me that they are now positive the secret pranker stopped making them competition.

When he looked into my direction I shot him a quick smile and looked away to talk with Gemma. When I later looked at him again, he still looked at me.

Do you believe he figured something out?

Love,

Jade."