Chapter 17

I didn't waste a chance went outside Eren's room and went on the balcony of the second floor. The cold breeze of the wind, greeted me that made my hair messed up and flew all over my face.

"[Y/N.]"

"Armin." I bit my lips and felt my heart racing in excitement. I leaned on the rails of balcony and faced the halls, making sure that Eren won't follow me.

"[I see, you're still awake.]" He said on the other line. I hummed and nodded as answer, even though he can't see me. "[Were you waiting for my call?]"

"Mhm." I answered and listened to his soothing voice. His breathing gives me comfort that I could listen to it on loop.

"[We'll be seeing each other tomorrow. I'll wait for you here.]"

"Yeah.." I whispered. Anyone who would listen to our conversation would say that we're too awkward in calls. But in reality, I'm just relieved, hearing him.

"[Are you with Eren?]" His tone changed softly as if he's worried about something. I chuckled and shook my head.

"No. He's in the bedroom right now."

"[Oh.]" A hint of disappointment in his tone was heard. "[You're gonna sleep together..?]"

I bit my lips and closed my eyes. "No.. I'll sleep in the couch." I said. The other line went silent before I heard a sigh in relief.

"[I want to see you.]"

Fuck.

"Mhm. Me too--"

"Y/N."

My eyes fall open when Eren went out the room. He looks serious, staring at me so I gave off the serious too. I cleared my throat and bid my goodbye to Armin before walking.

"You can sleep in the bed. I'll take the couch. I have some work to do." He said when we entered the room.

"Yeah. Sure." I said. I decided to do some skin care while he works on his laptop. Even at times like this, he still needs to work.

Tomorrow came and Eren being true to his words, he actually didn't slept a blink. We had to use their family car in order to head to the resort. It took us less than an our before we reached the place and parked the car while we walk on the entrance.

"Y/N!"

I looked on my right side and saw Sasha, running towards us wearing a pink tank top and a thin tunic skirt. She suddenly leaped and wrapped her arms on my neck.

"You're here! We've been waiting for you!" She said. I nodded and looked around.

"What are you doing here? Where are the others?" I asked when she pulled away. Sasha pointed a bit far from our spot.

"At the cottage. Jean's grilling a fish but we ran out of coal so I was about to get some."

From the distance, I can see Historia and Connie throwing volleyballs at each others, already wearing their swimwear. There's no other people than us.

"You two can head there." She glanced at Eren and nodded at him. "I don't know where's Armin right now, though." She said before she left us.

"Eren." A voice appeared again behind us. We looked at the person behind who appears to be Mikasa. "I'm glad you two came."

I smiled and gave her a hug. "It's been a while, Mikasa." I said. Mikasa and Eren exchanged greetings while I looked around, looking for Armin.

I didn't noticed that I've been walking around and left Eren's side when I felt someone touched my shoulders. I flinched and turned around. My eyes widened as my lips parted.