Chapter 35

Warning: Matured Content

--
"What are you doing here?" I furrowed my brows. Armin stared at me wearing a formal suit. He reeks alcohol, I'm not sure if he's drunk or not.

"I want.." He cleared his throat and glanced on my clothes. "I want.. to talk to you." He mumbled.

I looked down on my clothes and saw that I'm still wearing a bathrobe since I just came out the shower.

I sighed and shook my head. "It's midnight. Do it next time--"

"Please.." He cried and held my arms. "I want to talk now. I have a feeling that the next time we talk, you'll never believe what I'm going to say."

I stared at his face and saw how his eyes are glistening and his pupils are shaking. His face down to neck are all red from blush.

I took a deep breath and turned around. "Wait here." I said and closed the door. I leaned on the wall and calmed my heart. I feel like it would explode in a second.

I went upstairs to wear a clothes. I have to take Armin somewhere. If we talk here, he might accidentally see Cane. Maybe we have to go back to Jean's condo tomorrow.

Cane accidentally woke up from the scratching sound when I'm getting a clothes. He sat up straight and scratched his eyes.

"Mama.. Where are you going?" He asked in a sleepy voice. I walked to him and carried him as he wrapped his hands on my neck and buried his face on it.

"I'm going somewhere. Don't worry, I'll be back shortly. Are you okay sleeping with Grandma?"

"Mhm." He nodded as we walked outside the room to go to my parent's room. "Are you going to Uncle Levi's?" He asked sleepily.

I chuckled. "We're not in Japan. Uncle Levi isn't here."

"Mm-kay.. Take care.." He mumbled. I knocked on mom's room. It was after few seconds before Dad opened the door.

I gave him Cane and he accepted. "I have to go somewhere. Can I leave Cane here?" I asked. He nodded and furrowed his brows.

"It's twelve AM. Where are you off to?" He asked and caressed Cane's back. I shook my head and pointed downstairs.

"I'll be right back."

I left their room and went back to my room to get my purse. I went downstairs and opened the door. I'm already expecting him to be there but I didn't expect him to be infront of the door in the same spot where I left him.

I cleared my throat and looked away as I locked the front door and pulled him.

"Where's your keys?" I asked and stopped infront of his car.

"What..?"

"Car keys." I said and looked back to him.

"We can.. We can talk here--"

I glared at him making him stop talking and gave his keys to me. I went to the driver seat as he followed on the passenger seat.

It was just a short drive when we arrived in a hotel but it felt like an hour because of the awkward silence inside. I went out the car and threw the key to him as he followed behind me.

"Hi. I need a single room for a night. Any comfortable room will do." I said to the receptionist.

"Y-Yes." She blushed when Armin went beside me. I rolled my eyes and filled out a form while giving her my card.

"Y/N.. What are we doing here?" Armin whispered. It looks like he sobered up a bit.

"We're gonna talk. Didn't you said that?" I answered.