Warnings

Everyone warned me about the beast....No one warned me it took hostages though....Staring as the flames licked the wood slowly burning it into nothing.

"Mitch? Ummm.....We need to head out tommorow, Vikk, Lachlan and Rob don't want to stay in this territory..It's dangerous.." Preston spoke cautiously I sighed.

Shredding my gaze away from the fire I looked upwards, Preston's face so pale it looked like he was dead. Scowling at myself for forcing Preston into this I marched towards him.

"Preston......I will move tommorow and head out with you guys, but only for your health...Nothing else...If the things out here get you...You probably won't be able to

survive any longer than a night out here the way you look. I know you're sick Preston, I can read it in your eyes. Don't try faking to me." I nagged his face filled with suprise as he stared back at me.

"Alright Mitch, you caught me......Please don't tell everyone else though! They're going to freak! And Lachlan's going to think I'm contagious." Preston pleaded his eyes wide I sighed again.

Agreeing to his begs I nodded understanding, a thought popped into my mind and I said it out loud. Not regretting a single word.

"Alright, as long as you tell me." I bargained his eyes growing to the size of dinner plates he shook his head, a pang of pity washed over me but quickly faded away.

"Mitch I can't do that I-" Preston tried but I cut him off.

"Do you want it a secret?" I asked and he sighed knowing I beat him. Tears welling in his eyes he looked away, not being able to look me in the eyes.

"I....I......I have malaria!" Preston squeaked out suprise and concern sweeping over the pity and non regretful feelings....

"Oh Preston......" I cooed trying to walk towards him but he backed away. Preston's eyes filled to the brim with fear and regret he turned around rushing off into his tent.

I'm so sorry.......I shouldn't have asked.....I shouldn't have came here.....I should have listened to the warnings.....But I didn't....And that's the best and worst mistake I've ever made....