Goo Goo Eyes

Jerome's P.O.V

I stared at the two. They were gazing into each other's eyes. As if they were meant to be. I wouldn't disagree with that.

I ship it. A sigh escaped my lips as I looked at the perfect love birds. I wonder what it's like to feel a connection between somebody?

Is it nice? What if the other one doesn't feel the same way? Won't it hurt? If so, was it worth it? So many questions that won't even be answered.

Time truly loves to tease me at times. Doesn't it? Rob seems a little sketchy about me. Even Preston is a little nervous.

But right now I think he's too busy being lovey dovey with Preston to even notice I'm here.

Slowly I turned around. Making sure not to disturb the angels in their dance. Their hands were moving up and down each others waist.

Finding a spot that would feel right. I stopped watching them. Realizing they probably didn't want a fluffy man watching them goo goo eye each other.

It was cute though. My eyes forced themselves to look away. Still curious and drawn to the two I gave them a cold shoulder.

Just so I wouldn't watch them anymore. Geez, why were those guys so cute together? Eh, I'm sure they like the attention.

"Jerome!" A voice called out. A smile flashed onto my face as I heard someone call my name.

The voice sounding angelic I turned around. Locking eye contact with Mitchell.

I liked calling him Mitchell better. It sounded more proper. But Mitch was a nice name as well.

"Hey Mitchell." I waved. Mitchell slowed to a stop as he neared me. Flashing me a weird look before answering.

"Mitchell? Dood. Only my mom calls me that." Mitchell laughed. A laugh coming out of my mouth he continued to stare at me.

The moon shined high above us as we looked at each other. A feeling of longing and hope filled my heart the longer I looked into his eyes.

Mitchell's eyes shined a light brown, like the fur of a deer, or the light color of tree sap. An amber color.

"I like calling you that though. It's nice." I commented. Pink rushed to Mitch's cheeks at my compliment.

What was that? Why is there pink on his cheeks? Did he face plant into poison ivy? Sleep with his hands on his cheeks?

No....They were fine before....Whatever...I'm sure it's nothing. I bet all humans have color changing cheeks!

"Thanks. Well, I guess you can call me Mitchell. But, I still get to call you Biggums." Mitchell bantered.

I watched him for a while. The hairs on the back of my neck shot up. As a warm sensation bubbled inside of me when he called me that.

What the heck is this? Is this what Preston and Rob have? I don't get it...Mitchell's eyes were the size of plates.

Yet they were innocent and adorable. Like the eyes of a wolf cub. Or the gracefulness of a deer.

Only three words described what Mitchell was doing.

Goo Goo Eyes....