Mitch Time

--= Lachlan's + POV =--

"I don't know what to do with him." I groaned. My hands dragging down from my forehead to my chin and then sliding into my lap Mitch merely smiled patiently.

"What else can you do?" Mitch wondered. Don't act all smart and psychologist-y with me you little Canadian doodle banger.

"Leave him. But I'm not doing that." I stated. Folding my arms on my chest Mitch laughed a bit as he put his hands up and cupped his face.

Staring me in the straight eye, the smile left Mitch's face as he cleared his throat, preparing to speak up and suggest something.

"Why not?" Of course he's waiting for me to find the answer. 

"God dammit Mitch even you should know this. Why? He is my best friend. Vikk ran away, Jerome doesn't know how to use the Internet. 

You want to be smart well jokes on you because I already know the answer. It's because I lo-.....Oh." I finished off. 

My heart ramming against my rib cage Mitch nodded, a smile that told me he knew it all along just by the smug look on his face.

"Uh huh." Mitch murmured. Mitch cocking an eyebrow at me I glanced away from the computer to see Preston sleeping in the bed by the computer. There's only one bed in the apartment, so we share the bed.

"Dude, even if I wanted to I....I can't" I spoke up. Mitch's smug look smacking right off his face it was replaced with one of worry and confusion.

"Why?" Mitch wondered. Glancing back at Preston I felt strings tug in my chest as I raised my index finger to my lips and lowered the level of the volume in my speakers.

"You know why." I spoke lowly. Please for the love of god Preston....Please. PLEASE. 

Don't wake up. Silence thickening between us as I focused on the facial features of Preston's sleeping face I dipped my head, scratching the bridge of my nose as I did so.

"Maybe he's over it?" Mitch questioned. A laugh spitting out of my mouth I quickly raised a hand and slapped it over my lips to silence myself.

Mitch grinning at my response to the serious question I couldn't help it. I started laughing silently until I was rolling on the seat.

My vision swimming around as I closed my eyes wet, sticky tears rolled down my face from the bitterness. Mitch's face staying on mine I took in a shaky breath.

"It's alright Lachers, tell you what. If he's up to it, bring him here. It's far enough away from the incident, and close enough for him to feel like he's not abandoning him." Mitch suggested.

Nodding, I rubbed my chin with my thumb and my index as I flashed a smile at Mitch who was awaiting an answer.

"Yeah, I'll ask him."

"You don't need to." My heart freezing, I stared at Mitch to see him wide eyed. Turning to face where the voice came from, I looked to see Preston standing and looking me straight in the eye.

"I don't mind. I miss them." Preston shrugged. Mitch coughing, I heard him shuffle and a door close. Mitch just ditched a Skype call.

Mitch....What timing. Preston's brown orbs glistening in the room I watched as a smile slowly cracked on his lips. 

 shooting up through my stomach I stood up from the chair so I was more even with eye level. Leaning towards Preston so we were inches apart, he grinned tiredly.

 Not expecting what he would do next, I wrapped my arms around him before he could hit the ground. Nervously staring at Preston, I froze what I was doing to make sure he was breathing.

"Preston, are you okay?" I wondered. Stroking the back of his head Preston murmured a response which instantly made me ease up.

"Let's go to bed you, okay?"

"Sure thing Lachy." Preston yawned, Reaching out, I felt something bubble inside of me as Preston slipped his hand into mine. Intertwining our fingers, I lead Preston softly to bed.

Shutting off the light switch in the meanwhile. Hearing a click which indicated the sound of the end of a Skype call I laughed gently.

Preston hopping into the bed I followed in suit. Snaking my arm around Preston's waist, I burrowed my face into his back as he pulled up the covers and grasped onto my arms.

"G'night Preston."

"Goodnight Lachlan. Love you." Heat rushing to my face, I opened my mouth to object but already heard soft purrs smoothing out of his mouth.

Looking at the wall as I repeated what he said in my head, I huffed out a breath before cuddling into Preston once more. My eyes slowly closing leaving me in the dark.

"Love you too Preston."

================================================================================================================================================================

I just realized how much all of you might hate me leaving it in suspense like that for.....Five months? XD That sound about right?...Oops XDDD Sorry bros.

<3333 Dons hate me XD