Understanding

"Ha, wait, what were we laughing about again?" Vikk piped up. Trying my hardest to hide a smile.

I tucked my lips into my mouth so they just looked like a thin line. But I'm guessing my spritely looking eyes gave it away.

"I don't know Vikk, what were you laughing about?" Rob's voice spoke up. A yelp squeaked across the area that came from somebody here.

But I couldn't care less who it was. Whipping around I stared at Rob. Fear and adrenaline coursed through my veins as soon as I stared at him.

Rob's eyes were locked clearly on Lachlan. Not seeming to notice me yet. Which was an advantage. My eyes slowly wandered away.

Trying to not be suspicious I glared at Jerome. Jerome's eyes were wide with fear. The ears on the top of his head were flattened down.

His lower lip was curled up in a snarl. But he seemed more afraid then threatening. To me anyways.

Like a dog's when they were about to snap. Turning my hand to the back of my body I motioned for him to beat it.

Getting the message Jerome nodded before turning around and rushing off into the forest. Most probably going to find Preston.

"Can somebody explain this to me? Please? I'm confused. Extremely." Rob spoke up. His voice gentle yet a tone of exhaustion in it we all stared at each other.

"We saw the Bacca." Lachlan confessed. Rob opening his mouth to speak he quickly clamped it up.

Connecting the dots in his head I felt my stomach drop as I saw Rob's eyes flare up in anger and revenge.

"That Bas-" Rob tried but I interrupted him. Trying my hardest to use to skills of persuasion.

"Rob! He isn't like that at all! Jerome told me so! If he didn't catch Preston. Preston would have fell into the fire.

He was unconscious before he took him!" I fibbed. My voice filled with honesty I saw hesitance appear on Rob's face.

"He, he saved Preston?" Rob piped up. Rob's eyes shined with confusement and awe. Like a lost little puppy meeting their owner for the first time.

"Yeah, so you're not mad?" Vikk questioned. Lachlan seemed to instantly relax as soon as Vikk spoke up.

A cheeky smile growing on my lips I stared at him. Knowing he was trying his hardest not to blush I let it slide. For now of course.

"Yup, Jerome saved Preston. There both around the camp. We'll only tell you where exactly if you promise to not hurt Jerome." I ordered. Seriousness in my voice Rob glared at me for a few moments. His face expressionless he nodded.

"I promise." Rob promised. Nodding my head in approval I shouldered Vikk who was closest to me.

Vikk getting the message he grabbed Rob's hands and lead him to the campfire where two very special guests awaited him.