Eighteen

Alexis knew she didn't want to go home and be around Christine. She was working on her eating disorder and being a better mum to Lily.

When she woke that morning, she walked into the living room. She saw Grace sitting there with Alexa. "Where mine Lily?" She asked.

Alexis smiled. "She's with her daddy today cause she needs to see him," she told her.

Alexa giggled and nodded. "Max is mine daddy now. So me needs to see you," she said as she looked at her.

Alexis grinned. She sat down and sighed. "Has mum contacted you?" She asked her older sister.

Grace nodded. "She wants you to go home. It's entirely your choice. Whatever you want to do," she said.

Alexis sighed. "As harsh as this sounds, I don't think I want to. It was there all my issues started. And when I'm here, I feel at home. I feel comfortable."

Grace smiled and nodded. "You can stay here as long as you want to. I love having you here. And you know that. Lily is adored here too," she told her.

Alexis smiled. She sighed as she pulled Alexa onto her lap. She kissed her head all over. "You are so cute."

"Fanks oo. I going to play with mine toys," Alexa said as she walked off.

***
Alexis was sitting in the kitchen. She looked up as Christine walked in. "Hello love. Where's Lily?" She asked.

"With her father. What do you want mum? I've got studying to do," Alexis said as she put her pen down.

Christine sighed. "I want you to come home. Please. I will change. I am changing. And I want my girl at home with me," she told her.

Alexis shook her head and sighed. "No mum. I'm happier where I am. And I don't want to be at the house with you. I don't trust you to not start drinking again. I don't want my daughter around that. She is perfect. And she needs to a nice relaxing home. She needs her mummy to not be stressed. And being with you, it's stress."

Christine frowned as she looked at her. She sighed. "I will change. I promise you."

"No. I'm staying here. I feel peace here. So stop asking me. Because I won't change my mind."

Christine nodded as she looked at her. "Fine. Then I hope you get where you want in life," she said as she walked off.

***
Alexis went to go and see Tom. He let her in and smiled. "Hey. She's fast asleep. Are you okay?" He asked as he kissed her cheek.

Alexis smiled and nodded. "Yeah. I've done my revision for exams. So thought I'd come and see you. And see Lily. But if she's asleep, then it's just you," she told him.

Tom laughed. He handed her a cup of tea. "Grace told me your mum came round. Trying to get you home?"

"Yeah. I've told her that I feel more at home with Grace. Even Mr Tyler makes so much effort with me. He orders me food, cooks me food."

Tom laughed and winked. "Am I having to compete with him?" He teased.

"No. You're the only one who I want."

The two of them knew they wanted to make it work. Mainly for their daughter. But found everything work out? Or would Alexis' issues come back to haunt her?