Twenty-Six

Christine walked into her house after her day had finally ended. She knew she was trying to find out what had been going on with Alexis. But her own daughter wasn't even talking to her.

She knew how she had hurt both of them in the past. But she wanted to make things right. To somehow get a relationship with them both. Despite how hard it was going to be.

Christine walked into her bedroom. She frowned as she saw Alexis passed out on the floor. "Lexi? Lexi!" She yelled as she ran over to her. She checked her pulse and saw it was faint.

She grabbed her phone quickly and dialled 999. She told them she had found her daughter passed out. She needed her to he pay. She just hoped she was going to be okay.

Within moments, the ambulance arrived. Christine grabbed her phone and called Grace. Knowing she was the one person who Alexis would want there.

***
Alexis groaned as she woke up in hospital. She looked around to see Grace there. She frowned. "What happened?" She asked.

Grace smiled. She took her hand. "You were found passed out at mum's. What were you doing there?" She asked as she looked to her.

Alexis frowned. She looked up. "I-I found something. Proof that... that she called social services on me! She's trying to get Lilly taken off me!" She said.

Grace groaned. She looked to her. "What do you mean?" She asked. Knowing she was worried about her sister. "Alexis. What do you mean?"

"Mum! She's trying to get Lilly taken off me. I found a file. That had everything written down that I've done. She's given it to them," Alexis sobbed.

Grace held her close and sighed. She knew how Alexis wasn't herself. But she knew that if it was true and that their own mum was trying to get Lilly taken away, then she needed to stop it.

***
Christine was in the waiting room. She looked up as Grace walked in. "Well?" She asked.

"She's awake. She also told me she found proof that you're trying to get Lilly taken off her. That you have been writing down everything she's done?" Grace said.

Christine frowned. She shook her head. "she's lying. You know what she's like."

"No I know that she's a confused young girl. And she needs help. Not her own mum trying to get her child taken away!" Grace yelled.

Christine sighed. She looked to her. "I'm doing this for her. Lilly is better off," she said.

"Stay away from her."

***
Tom had arrived at the hospital. He had Lilly with him and he wanted to see Alexis. To know she was okay. He walked into her room and smiled.

Alexis looked to Grace who nodded. "I should go call Max and check on Alexa. You gonna be okay?" She asked.

Alexis nodded and smiled. "Y-Yeah."

"Okay. Good. I'll be back soon," Grace said a she walked out of the room.

Tom and Alexis were alone. He handed Lilly to her and smiled. "She's missed her mummy. I don't know what's going on. But it's going to be okay. I promise you," he said.

Alexis looked to him and smiled. But she had no idea how this whole ordeal was far from over.