10

THE AWAKENING
March 03 2021
ICU 13:00 PM
______________________________________

"Secretary Bin?" Yeonjun demand an attention from the younger who was busy reviewing the board papers.

But Soobin seems like he didn't heard the older at all, he just continue on scanning the papers and stacking them neatly on his desk.

Yeonjun finally drop his glasses and just watch his secretary do his job. It's been a year when Soobin starts working for him, and he has absolutely nothing to complain about the younger's work. He was very skilled, responsible and patient, which gradually perfect for Yeonjun's liking.

"Sir, the board papers are now ready. If you'd excuse me I'll be heading to the designing department to check the fabrics and designs for next month's fashion show." Soobin bowed with his respect, he fixed his tie before slowly walking up to the door.

"You don't need to check them, stay." Yeonjun stated as he turn his chair to face the younger.

" Do you need anything Sir? "

" You don't need to be that formal Soobin."

Soobin make a soft gasp from his lips as his boss called him by the name. In a span of a year that he works for Yeonjun, it is the first time that the older spoke informally to him. He often be that kind of boss who keeps professionalism thoroughly, but in this case, he wondered why did his boss just call him by name.

"What do you mean by that Sir? "

Yeonjun move out from his chair and slowly walks into the younger, making Soobin scared and nervous on every step. " I want to be Honest with you. For the past few years of my existence, no man..woman nor child can even handle my attitude. However, it kinda looks like easy for you to take it all. I am a bit guilty for that, cause I'm sure that it doubles your struggles and pain. So.. yeah would you like to be friends- "

" Sorry to interrupt Sir, but i think that would be inappropriate. I signed a contract and i must work professionally. But I highly appreciate your affection towards my work." Soobin stated making Yeonjun's eyebrows curve in a questionable way

" Right. How about outside the company? I'm sure we'll be able to be fr-"

" Another pardon Sir. You are one of the most respected CEO in the field of Korea's Fashion industry. It would not be good for your reputation to be friends with me. I may sound rude and avoiding your kindness but it is best for you sir. " Soobin bowed in guilt and he can really sense Yeonjun's presence on the room.

Soobin knew what Yeonjun is up to, Not to jump into conclusions but he felt that the older had a growing interest for him. However, he will not make it happen, he wasn't ready.

Yeonjun on the other hand fully understand Soobin, so he didn't bother the younger towards that matter. After all, he's used to be that person who doesn't have friends because he was binded with company and family rules. He was somehow used to it.

" I Understand, alright then, you may leave " Soobin place a soft smiled towards his boss in return. He find it a bit guilty to reject someone's kindness, still he just needs to do it.

After bowing again, Soobin make his footsteps closer to the door until he stops as his phone buzz in anger.

Soobin's phone lit up and he got an automatic feeling of scare because it was a call from the Hospital.

" Hell- " Before soobin could speak, the person on the other line quickly tell the purpose of the call.

Soobin's phone drop in instant, as well as his body. Yeonjun rushed to check his secretary and the younger just chuckle on the older's worry.

"Would you let me go earlier today, Sir? " Soobin look up into Yeonjun's eyes with circle of tears.

Yeonjun doesn't clearly know what is happening, but he can tell that must be about his brother. He sighed and look at the 185cm male crying messily on the ground, unavailable to move and was asking a permission to leave the company.

Being considerate he was, Yeonjun grab his keys and Soobin by the hand, they both straightly went to the car park and drove towards the hospital.

______________________________________

As soon as they arrived, Soobin almost tripped as he run out of the hospital's parking lot. He entered the building, like he was almost shoving the people who cross against his steps.

Steps are becoming even more heavier as he was close to the ICU halls. Yeonjun tried to calm him, but it seems that the younger didn't even knew that he's with Yeonjun at all.

Finally, Soobin stop his tracks on the door. He took a deep breath before he gently press his hands on the door knob. He twist his hand and pulled the door to open.

And by that moment, He saw. He saw his brother came back to life.

Soobin almost collapse on the floor but gladly Yeonjun was there. Soobin's tears block his vision but he can rightly see his brother on the bed, sitting, blinking and breathing. Taehyun came back.

The doctors move a space for Soobin but the older brother was still unavailable to step in and hug Taehyun. He was still lost in both pain and happiness.

" Do you know that person? " The doctors ask for his memory check and gladly he sme and response " He's my Hyung "

Soobin didn't take it anymore, he shove the doctors and pull his brother in a tight hug. He place soft kisses on the male's hair and pulled him again close into his arms.

Taehyun felt the pain of his brother, he felt too much pain. He was clearly shock and confused on what is happening to him right now. But he was sure that something is off, since he's on the hospital and Soobin poured rivers tears, which is very odd for him.

" Thank you, I'm glad you're now back " Soobin stated pulling out from the hug, however, as he scan the face of his brother, it seems like he was very confused and sick.

Suddenly, a soft voice escape from the younger's lips making the doctors and all of them turn their attention to him. "Hyung...what happened to me?"