Chapter 24: "The necromancer is back..."

11 January 2019, 04:52 am~

________________________________________________________________________________

The thunder thundered more and more. The thunderstorm shone, spreading across the sky like the roots of trees that cling to life on the rocks, hanging down. It rained like a bucket, or even like a fire hose, as if trying to flatten everything below. Residents were more likely to take shelter from the downpour in shops and houses, communication lines were cut off, the streets were slightly flooded.

"Wow! It going to crush me now!" - Mike leaned down slightly. The rain made it harder to run as it hit him in the eyes and in the face.

"I do not argue! The rain is very heavy, this is probably because of..." - shouted the wise guy, because the brothers could not hear what he was saying because of the rain pounding on the roofs and the water pouring down.

"Don! This is not the time to be clever, you are still hard to hear!" Leo barked in a loud bass, closing his eyes from the drops. Of course, the wise guy did not hear all the words, but the latter definitely did not fly past his ears, forcing him to shut up, otherwise the mud from the rain will fall into his mouth.

"Hey! What's this?" - the blue-eyed man stopped abruptly, covering the half of his face with his hand and looked towards the abandoned buildings, on which a caustic fog was spreading, not a natural dark red color, one might think that this is an ordinary smoke bomb, but no! The smoke would then quickly dissipate through the air due to rain and wind, and this one would remain in one place, as if absorbing drops of falling water into itself. At the same time, sparkling with a maroon color.

"A?" - the rebel braked and squinting, - "Mikey, what are you, really crazy?!" - barked. - "Such a rain shower, and you..." - he stammered, moving his gaze in the direction where Mike was looking. - "Uh... I take the words back. What is it?"

"Wow!" Don stopped, followed by Leo. - "What a big bundle of energy!"

"What do you think is there?" - the leader blinked from the rain hitting his face.

"Let's see!" - Without a second hesitation, Raf changed the route and ran there.

"Raf! Completely crazy!" - Leo, mentally beating his brother half to death, ran after him, out of despair.

In the woods
"Jack!" - found his home girls. Lara knocked loudly on the door. "Jack!"

"Lara..." Venus hissed at her, "Maybe he's not at home at all!"

"He is at home, at home! Where else is he to go. Jack, wake up, come on! Jack!"

The guy from the noise opened his eyes a little displeased and groaned.

"Well, who is there..." - in a hoarse bass with a displeased face, got out of bed, wincing in pain, went to open the door.

"Jack!" - with growing irritation in her voice, Lara pounded on the door. The guy, gradually recognizing a woman's voice from dull sleep and wondering how she got here and how she found him, opened the door. Lara stood in front of him with her eyes closed, her hand raised to knock on the door again, not suspecting that it was already open. Jack caught her fist.

"I have a few questions." - he made a serious face, looking at the amazed girl from such a turn. "How did you find me? What happened? Is this your older sister?" - also, not taking his eyes off the rebel, said Jack. Ven was even surprised, because he wasn't looking at her.

"I found you in silence. To tell a long time, yes, this is my sister. And who decorated you like that?" - she examined her friend from head to toe.

"Uh-uh... Ah... I don't remember." - he chuckled. - "So just happen..."

"Have you seen a girl, blue eyes, two pink pigtails, short?" Ven began to chatter.

"No, after meeting her," he threw his head at Lara, "I came home and slept."

"Then who painted you like that?" - asked Lara.

"I do not remember." - the guy looked away. And then it dawned on him. - "Stop! Little girl, pink pigtails... Have the youngest, disappeared?"

"And told him about it?" - looked at the younger senior.

"It doesn't matter anymore." - rubbed the back of the rebel's head, exhaling.

"Let me help, I can still walk." - Jack took the sword and stuck it behind his back.

"Oh..." - Lara examined him and turned her gaze to Ven, then back to him. - "Provided that we will not drag you back, such a Godzilla."

"Pf, you won't!" - grinned.

"Go ahead then!"

In the town

Orimura walked through abandoned buildings in this fog, where it didn't even rain, like in all the surroundings. His eyes gleamed a dark gray, veins swollen from exertion. Everything was cloudy and gloomy around. Even the walls of the buildings enveloped these clouds, everything seemed so scattered, vague that if you touch it, everything will disappear and evaporate. The feeling grew that you were in a different dimension altogether. Orimura walked along the roof, because of the fog that had settled below, his legs were not visible to the ankles.

"Oh," - there was a disgusting laugh, to which the girls' father immediately reacted and sat down a little, looking around and showing his teeth. - "Whom do I see, Orimura the Great! An old acquaintance. We haven't seen each other for a long time." - this laughter was heard and seemed to be repelled from these walls straight into the ears.

"Yes, it would be better for you that time - the heart was cut out!" - Orim growled, eyes looking for where the voice was coming from.

((- Girls! Oliver! Daria!)) - my father mentally called the whole family here, but no one responded.