Chapter 22

Clay bounced off the bed as his phone went off. His phone buzzing over and over again. He peered over to see Nicks contact. He had been calling the boy for at least 10 minutes now. Clay rolled his eyes, picking up his phone and calling the boy.

"What Nick?" He asked, his tone of voice harsh.

"Oh, did I wake up?" He said, lowering his voice.

"Yeah, what do you want."

"I was gonna see if you guys wanted to go back up to the fair! Or just wait til Friday.."

"I don't know, I'll see." Clay said looking at George who was still peacefully sleeping.

"Okay, we'll talk to yuh later!" Nick said before hanging up. Clay chuckled, never taking his eyes off George as his eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning." Clay whispered, placing his phone down before sliding next to the boy. George sat up rubbing his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked, struggling to adjust to the light. Clay looked at the alarm clock then back at George.

"Pretty early." He said, tilting his head to the side. George groaned and threw himself back down, curling in a ball. Clay giggled.

An hour later

"Isn't it supposed to be chilly out?" George asked, slipping on one of Clays hoodies which was still ginormous on him. Clay eyes were practically glued to the boy. He looked so adorable and huggable.

"Uh? Clay?" George said, waving his hand in front of his face. Clay blinked and looked away.

"Sorry- uh yeah- it's gonna be chilly." Clay stuttered. George smiled as he fell back onto his bed, staring at the ceiling with his hands resting on his chest. He let out a sigh.

"Something wrong?" Clay asked, raising a brow at the boy. George giggled and turned his head, looking at Clay.

"No, I just thought of how lucky I am." George said a bit quiet. Clay smiled.

"Why's that?" He asked, slipping on a jacket. George propped himself up on his elbows.

"I'm dorm buddies with the most gorgeous, funny, caring boy I think I've ever met. I was so nervous about this year, I was scared I wouldn't have any friends. But here I am! Friends with four best people!" George continued to ramble on how he was so happy to have Clay in general. Clay just stood there smiling, loving the rambling. Eventually George stopped. He was standing directly in front of Clay, eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

"Could say the same-" Clay mumbled, his eyes glancing back and forth from the boys lips and his eyes. They never realized how close they were getting til their lips barely brushed against each other.

That's when George's phone rang causing them to both step back and awkwardly stare away.

"You gonna get that?" Clay asked, pointing at George's pocket. George nodded and slipped his hand into his pocket, grabbing his phone. His mother was calling.

"Hey mom!" He said, sliding his other hand into the pocket of Clays hoodie.

"George, you haven't been answering as much. Is everything okay?"

"Oh- sorry yeah everything's fine. I've just been busy with work and friends." He said, taking a seat in his chair.

"Oh, thank god. I was worried you might have been kidnapped!"

George giggled.

"Well, I'll let you go. I'm sure you and Clay are having fun. I love you."

"I love you too mom."

"Bye bye."

"Bye.." he said before the line cut off. He turned his phone off and slid it into his pocket.

Another hour later

"Here." Clay said tossing George the AUX cord.

"Play some music." He said with a smile, eyes not moving from the road. George ran through his playlists until deciding on shuffling it and moving on. The songs ran through, they sang a couple, jammed, had a little fun. Eventually they came to a stop as Clay pulled into a huge parking lot. George peered out at the big building with different signs.

"This should be fun." George said, unplugging his phone.

Sorry- another hour later

Clay and George had been roaming around but never buying anything. Dark clouds were rolling in covering the sunny day and giving a spooky yet chilly air. George clinged onto Clay as the mall got surprisingly crowded. His sleeve paws keeping him warm.

"I didn't know it was going to rain.." George said, keeping his arm hooked with Clays.

"Didn't know either.." he said, waiting to exit the mini store which was filling up with more people.

"I don't know why there's more people here too, makes me anxious and stressed." Clay said, pulling George in front of him, keeping his hands on his shoulders as he pushed George out. George rehooked their arms once they were out.

"Holy shit-" George said, staring at the groups of people.

"What's happening.." Clay said, unhooking their arms and intertwining their fingers. Clay pulled George through the crowds rambling about random shit. They reached the doors with a sigh of relief.

"Never again." Clay said, lifting his hood over his head, George did the same. George giggled intertwining their fingers again as they walked through the doors and out into the windy, dark evening.

I'm calling this a filler chapter :)