Chapter 48

Clay woke up sweating like a sick dog, George laid nearly naked on top of him. He didn't remember George even getting undressed but he took notice to George's top and bottoms discarded on the floor. He also took note that he himself was still fully clothed but drenched in sweat.

He groaned as he gently laid George down and stood up, tripping over George's clothes as he went to the bathroom and flipped the light on. The Florida heat was getting bad, and it was almost fall. He pulled his, drenched in sweat shirt off and tossed it on the floor, he couldn't breathe.

"Clay?" A soft voice called from the other room, Clay peaked his head out with a forced smile. "I'm right here baby." He said quietly, stepping over the pile of clothes. George groaned as he went to take his boxers off, but Clay stopped him, grabbing his overheating hands and throwing the covers off of him.

"Let's not fully strip." Clay chuckled, reaching over and grabbing the abandoned cup of water. He took a sip before handing it to the sleepy George, helping him take a sip as he was still asleep.

"Go back to sleep, I'll go figure out why the air conditioning isn't working." Clay said, running his sticky fingers through his drenched hair, he stopped when he heard George let out a whine and grab his wrist. He looked back at the boy with a sympathetic look. "Don't leave me.." He whispered. Clay smiled and kissed his forehead.

"I'll be right back, unless you want to come with me?" Clay let out, rubbing his thumb over George's hand. George nodded before standing up, Clay let out a laugh. "Well, you gotta get dressed first, I hope you don't think I'm letting you leave in just your underwear?" He said, chuckling at the boy.

George groaned and reached into the closet grabbing one of Clay's hoodies and slipping it on. It completely drowned him, the sleeves passed his hands and it went as low as right above his knees. Clay laughed and kissed his cheek before opening the door and stepping out. It was worse in the hallway, zero air conditioning. He quickly grabbed George and shut their dorm door, it was honestly better in there.

"They might cut classes today because of the heat index." Clay said, George was still in the middle of waking up from his sleep. The brunet held Clay's hand, lightly squeezing it while he used his free hand to rub his tired eyes, letting out a yawn.

"Clay, I'm burning up, can I take the hoodie off?" George whined as they walked down the hall, they passed other people who were sweating and complaining on the phone. "No George, you'll be naked." He said, searching for one of his friends as he pulled George with him.

George groaned when they were pulled to a stop. He looked up at Clay, then to the boy talking to him.

"It's hotter than Satan's ballsack!" His friend shouted, Clay chuckled and pulled George closer to his side. "Is this George?" His friend asked, Clay nodded. "George, this is Luke, he's a close friend of mine." He said, George smiled and leaned into Clay's side.

"Do you know what's going on?" Clay asked, rubbing George shoulder knowing he was burning up. George's pale face was tomato red, he felt like passing out. "I've been hearing that the conditioner broke, some kids were playing around it and completely knocked it." His friend said, George whined and pushed away from Clay, lifting the hoodie carefully as he walked away, taking deep breaths.

Clay watched him carefully, still talking to his friend. George had to sit down by the window, the window was cold, it felt really nice. He pulled his phone out a texted Karl.

__________________________________
Karl J
__________________________________

Hey, are you up?
__________________________________