Chapter 40

New Year's Eve

"Karl!" George shouted from the living room. Karl came sliding across the wooden floors of his family's home with crackers in his hand. George giggled and gripped Clays arm as he watched the people cheer. Karl was excited but also, Nick wasn't there for him to hug as the ball dropped. Now, he'd watch George and Clay have their moment. Nick was invited to Karl's home, but no surprise he was spending it with his girlfriend, or he'd ask if she could come with and Karl wasn't letting that happen. George patted the spot next to him on the white leather couch.

"Nicks an ass, right now he doesn't exist." Clay spoke strongly as he leaned forward and looked at Karl. Karl nodded and smiled turning back to the tv as people started counting down. Once it hit 1 George and Clay looked at each other and leaned forward, they kissed as the other people cheered, Karl even cheered them. George pulled away giggling.

"Happy new year!" Karl shouted jumping on top of George who grunted and chuckled. Clay giggled and hugged them.

Next morning

George and Clay knocked out at Karl's as they didn't feel like driving all the way back to George's moms. Karl was extremely happy about not being alone as his family was gone for the week. George woke up and groaned as the sun lit the living room blinding him. He sat up and stretched, his vision going blurry for a split second.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Karl asked as he stumbled down the stairs. George shook his head with a smile. Karl giggled lightly and made his way to the kitchen. George didn't even notice how oddly happy he was. When George took a seat at a stool that's when he noticed.

"You seem all fully happy..did something happen?" George asked as Karl slid him a plate of waffles. Karl shook his head.

"I just woke up and was in a good mood! You like waffles right?" George nodded and picked up his fork taking a bite of the waffle.

"Your even dressed up, are you sure there's nothing going on?"

Karl shook his head.

"I'm just happy? Maybe it's because it's a new year and now I can start fresh?" He said shrugging. George watched the boy practically run around as if he was having a sugar rush.

"When did you even get a skirt?" George asked. Karl looked down and giggled.

"I got it for Christmas! My family is very supportive." He said nodding. George nodded and giggled as he took another bite. He gasped as he felt coldness on his waist. Clay laid his chin on top of George's head.

"I like the outfit Karl, looks good on you." Clay muttered with a raspy voice. Karl smiled and thanked him before turning around and running down the hall and up the stairs.

"Did he just find a stack of money laying in his bed this morning? Or?" Clay said as he sat down next to George who began to laugh.

"He said he woke up and was happy, he said maybe because it's a new year and he can start fresh."

"Should we be concerned?" Clay chuckled as he rubbed his eye. George shrugged before taking another bite. Clay sat up and leaned forward.

"Let me get a taste.." he said, grabbing George's chin and making him look at him before he drove right into his lips licking all around his mouth and his lips. He pulled away with a hum.