41|| Relaxation and breakdowns

He was everything she could ever dream of; the sun, to set her on fire,

And the moon to calm her soul!

- Rakshita Dikshit

41|| Relaxation and breakdowns

It was the weekend before the wedding, the last Sunday that Bash and I spend as fiancés and our families demanded we spend it with them, before our support party swooped in and whisked us away for the bachelor and bachelorettes.

It felt good to spend the whole day with just my parents and Mia. Just the four of us making fools out of ourselves and having a good time like we used to do when we were still kids in school.

That evening I barely managed to speak with Bash and wish him a safe journey before my phone was ripped off from my grasp and flung away in a corner of my room in my parent's house. I snapped my head to Mia and she rolled her eyes.

"No one but me will have their phones for the next two days." She said.

"Are you serious Mia? There are so many things that could possibly go wrong, and require us to answer our phones! Especially with the top three figures of the company gone." I said heatedly.

"You forget dear sister, dad ran the company before you; he said he'll step in if there's any emergency that requires the head." Mia answered.

"Still Mia, it is too dangerous for us to only have one phone." I said and she narrowed her eyes.

"Fine, Finn can have his phone too, but that's all. I want all of us to have fun without our phones distracting us." She said and I agreed begrudgingly.

Although those three days were worth leaving our phones behind. We flew to Montana and did a bunch of things. It was both relaxing and adventurous and we had a great time and in a way I was happy I left my phone back home.

We came back on Thursday and the moment I walked into the house my mum rushed up to me with a somber face and told me that my wedding dress wasn't ready. With that all good feelings from the bachelorette came crashing down.

I shot a look to Finn and he cringed before gesturing towards his phone. He went outside to the porch and called Maddy and I went to my room. Quickly I freshened up and looked for my phone and called Bash the moment I found it.

"Bash!" I whined the moment he picked up.

"Yes my lovely Ari." He chuckled.

"My dress isn't ready. Would you mind if I walked down the aisle in my lingerie?" I asked and he inhaled sharply.

"I wouldn't mind what you're wearing as long as I wouldn't have to fight people off from drooling all over you baby." He said in a husky voice and I sighed.

"On a serious note love, it will all work out. Now if you're back home I'd like to meet you, let's have dinner together?" He said and I sighed again before agreeing.

I needed to see him and have his arms around me, enveloping me in his scent and warmth, comforting my soul.

I rushed down the stairs and dived into the binder that Mia and mum held, pouring myself over the work for the rest of the afternoon. The other things were going on smoothly and I was glad about that.

Finn walked and told me that the jewels that Maddy wished to attach on my dress were the only part that was left, and he wanted to do the final fitting after that was done. This made me relax further, because that meant my dress wasn't too far from being ready.

For the day after tomorrow.

Oh my god I was cutting it too close.

That evening, I found a knee length evening dress and wore it with heels and mom's pearls. I felt pretty and I smiled, knowing Bash would appreciate the efforts.

Bash rang the doorbell on time and we were off on a date to connect with each other after spending some days away. It felt good even if my dress was not fully ready and I was getting married the day after tomorrow.

It also helped that he kept telling me just how beautiful he thought I looked that night. Again and again.

Bash dropped me back home around midnight with a kiss to my lips and I smiled at the rush of feelings. Almost every date with him felt like it was my first date with him, the feelings, the awe, the smiley giddiness, everything.

The next morning Mia woke me up saying Maddy called us over to try the dresses one last time. We rushed to get there and once I was there he presented the dress to me and it looked beautiful.

I'd seen the dress at least a dozen times, on paper, the miniature and the real deal. But it looked the best today with the little pearls sewn to the neckline and I teared up at it.

 But it looked the best today with the little pearls sewn to the neckline and I teared up at it

"The bride shouldn't cry a day before the wedding my dear." Maddy whispered as he hugged me and pressed a kiss to my head.

I nodded before hugging him back tightly and thanking him profusely. I quickly went to the backroom with his assistants and changed into the dress. It fit perfectly and I nearly wept again when I saw how I looked in it.

And so did my parents, mama Knight, Mia and Finn who had come with me. I changed out of the dress and barrelled into Maddy again, crying rivers of happiness and gratitude. Finn calmed me down enough to make sure I didn't have another break down right then and there.

We drove to the cabin at the creek then, so we could see whether things have been set up for the rehearsal dinner for the night.

Everyone was running helter-skelter there, trying to get the tables and chairs in order, the drapes in the right swirl, the flowers in the correct combination and all other sort of things. We stopped for a moment taking in all the chaos, before we dove right into it, embracing it.

And it was a beautiful rehearsal dinner where no one created any troubles, no one had objections and most importantly, no one complained about the food.

And I couldn't have been happier.