SURPRISE

Kaleb groaned at the kitchen table as Daniel cooked up some breakfast for everyone. Kayleigh and Amy were sitting across from each other at the table. Amy was shooting question after question at her, she answered the best she could but it was starting to be a little much. He could tell Daniel was even getting annoyed. If this wasn't enough, the early morning wake-up call was worse. Kayleigh's screams filling the house woke both of them up, thinking it was nightmares he went to try and wake her. Then the growls filled the air and nearly scared him half to death. Amy came back earlier than she said and entered the wrong room. Seeing Kayleigh asleep on the bed she thought there was an intruder and immediately started attacking. Thankfully Kayleigh was able to throw her off enough to get away and run into him in the hall.

Daniel was quick to get ahold of Amy and keep her in place till she calmed down then we explained everything. Kayleigh started hyperventilating. I could tell her past memories were flooding her head and putting her in a panic. The anxiety and fear of the past two years caused her panic and males her think she was back home being attacked. Now it was just straight questions, mostly everything that has been asked already. I could tell some were not really ones she wanted to talk about. Amy picked up the hints quickly as she went to a new question instead.

"Amy enough already." Daniel yelled. "Leave the poor girl alone, you nearly scared her to death already."

She turned her head away pouting.

"Sorry for being curious!" She yelled at him. "Nobody told me that Kaleb actually found a mate! Or that she was already sleeping in the house! If I would have known I would not have attacked!"

"We thought you were going to be arriving after we were awake." I pointed out with a glare.

"Uh.... It's fine nothing serious...." Kayleigh started.

I turned my glare to her.

"You started having a mental breakdown and thought you were back in your pack; it took thirty minutes to calm you down."

She looked down at the table like I was yelling at her. I grunted. That did come out more like I was yelling at her. Great.

"I'm not yelling at you. I'm just telling you to not cover for her." I explained, "She gets herself in trouble all the time already."

"I know!" she spoke up. "I promise I'll make it up to her today."

I looked at Amy and raised an eyebrow. Was she really going to?

"I'll take her shopping for clothes," She held the biggest smirk.

"We went yesterday." I informed her.

She looked annoyed and crossed her arms. She squinted with a questioning look.

"I'll take her to different stores."

She was planning to keep trying till I said yes. I stared her down and she stared right back. Before long Daniel sat plates of food in front of everyone and started to eat his.

"Go ahead Kayleigh, they'll be a bit, trust me." He told Kayleigh.

She looked a little worried and unsure. I motioned with my hand to go ahead.

You're just protective of her? That's it, right?

I raised an eyebrow.

Yeah, I am, is that a problem?

She smirked.

It's not a problem now, but be sure to give her space when she needs it. Alright? We are girls and I want to make sure we bond a little on our own since we will be working with each other a lot from now on.

I stared at her for a while before answering.

You are right. I want her to be able to trust all three of you like I do. Maybe even find somebody that will be something of a protector when I can't be around.

Don't worry, I have a feeling she won't have a problem getting people that want to help her.

"Alright you girls can go on a shopping trip," I started, "If you keep us updated. For example, when you change locations and when you are heading back."

"Yes father." She spoke sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

"I'm serious," I spoke sternly.

She straightened up in her chair and gave me a serious look.

"Don't worry, I don't know all the details but I know that she is in danger till we catch the guy." She spoke now serious, "I'll keep her safe or you can skin my hide and smoke me."

Daniel started laughing. Kayleigh sat there confused. I rubbed my face in annoyance.

"Seeing you be this serious is really something!" He chuckled. "You could also invite the Luna and the Beta and Gamma's mates. That way it's a group, and he might feel better about it."

I looked up at him and raised and eye brow.