GRANDPARENTS

Kayleigh stood face to face with the female figure. She could not figure out what was so familiar about her. She was only a slight bit taller. Her body language showed her authority and power. Her silver eyes exposed her knowledge and age. Her hair was long, almost touching the ground and it was pulled into a partial braid. As the light hit her hair it shone different colors. When the red tone showed through it was then she realized what made the female so familiar. Her Grandmother, Alpha Jacqueline. Something about the female resonated with the familiarity of her grandmother. She tilted her head. The female smiled, amused, and chuckled.

"Have you figured it out yet?" she asked in a patient tone.

"Ah..." I gaped, opening then closing my mouth like a fish, "no... I can't figure out who you could be..."

She gave another chuckle with the biggest smile. I instinctively began to pout. She was finding this amusing, teasing me. The wolf beside me grumbled at her. The side glance he was giving her almost looked like a stink eye. She sighed dramatically at him.

"Alright," she said, "you don't need to give a lecture."

I stared at her.

"Let us start with this," She pointed down at him. "Do you recognize him?"

I looked briefly at him then back to her.

"He reminds me of my grandfather." I answered honestly.

I was pretty sure he was my grandfather, but could that mean she was my grandmother? She looks a lot different from any of the photos my parents shared.

"You are correct." She said with a smile. "He looks like a youngster again, doesn't he?"

He huffed beside me. I could feel the eye roll he must have given. She started laughing.

"Okay, okay," she said before another laugh. "So... you're not that young but you are showing yourself from you prime. I like it."

I could feel the flirting. I gaged.

"Does that mean you are my grandmother?" I asked, hoping that it would get then out of the flirting.

A huge smile spread across her face. She knew what I was trying to do.

"When I was a mortal for that life yes." She answered.

"For that life?" I asked.

She nodded. Did that mean she had lived many lives before being our grandmother? She noticed the look and gave a soft smile.

"I have been alive for thousands of years, and I have done a few of what you would call 'reincarnations cycles' in the mortal lives." She looked over to grandfather. "My last one was the first one that I was around long enough to have a mate and produce children. Your grandfather has gone through a couple as well. The first time we met he figured out who really was and protected me. He said as long as he lived, he would protect me. I was not fond of the thought but when he died saving me, I knew our souls would then become bound together. I never planned to have someone beside me in this form, but I chose to keep him with me. As he chose to stay with me."

I absorbed everything, still a little unsure of who she really was beside my grandmother.

"So, because of grandfather's actions you bound your souls," I asked. "Did he have a mate before?"

"In his first life he had a mate, but she was murdered. I was going through one of my mortal lives to try and get things straightened out before the damage was too great and get the immortals' butts moving."

"So, grandfather has gone through a few lives with you?" I asked.

"Yes, he told me I had to." She said laughing.