PAIN

Kayleigh sneaked through the house trying to avoid everyone and find a location inside that was isolated. Her sister's emotions were bleeding through to her again, and this time it was painful. The fear and panic began to fuel her as she was struggling to keep it together until she could find an isolated space to release it all.  She blocked out the mind link to try to isolate herself more. That monster had to be torturing her right now. We were not moving fast enough to make a difference. What if they were not able to get to them in time?  After a few minutes she found a spot in the highest corner of the house. She barely made it to the space before the tears began to spill over. She sobbed quietly as curled up into a fetal position, burring her face in her knees and covering her head with her forearms. The anxiety of whether or not they can make it overwhelmed her. What could she do at this point? The information they gathered was slow but apparently faster than it was before her arrival.  There were two times where the information was promising but one ended up being a false location and the other location they were already gone before they got to it. How long will it take to get this guy?

"Kayleigh...." a male voice whispered. 

My body froze instantly. Panic filled me. It was several minutes till their faint scent reached my nose. It was Kaleb. Relief filled me but I was not ready to see him. I did not want him to see me in this state. I could not control the wrath of emotions that were swelling around in me. It was so hard to control it right now. I heard him carefully step into the room and shut the door behind him then silence. It lasted for several minutes before he spoke again.

"Kayleigh, I know you are in here," he whispered. "I can tell your scent is stronger here. Give a noise to let me know where at least. I won't make you come out, but I am going to stay in here with you till you are okay." 

He sounded worried. Giving me almost a plea to expose where I was hiding. I knew he was not going to leave.  He could sense my pain through the mate bond.  I gave out a louder sniffle to signal my location. The sound of his footsteps cautiously approaching my hiding spot got slightly louder. I gave a staggered breath in to signal he was at my hiding spot. I listened to him situate himself onto the floor next to the cabinet that I squeezed myself inside. We sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"You can feel your sister again?" 

It was more of a statement then question. He has realized at this point we had a stronger bond than most twins. When we were not next to each other we took comfort in being able to sense each other. To know the other is okay. To know when the other needed one beside them. It was so hard to not be able to jump to her and stand with her through this. I left out another sniffle. It was hardest during these moments. What could I do? The only think I could do was trying to give comfort through that sense we have we each other. It felt like a betrayal. Me having my caring and loving mate find me and sit with me while she was struggling with whatever her monster of a mate decided he wanted to do. We needed to figure out what his goal was, where he was heading next, to be able to do something to make it stop. 

"I'll sit here with you till you are ready to come out, okay?" 

 Then it dawned on me. I needed to give my sister better, let her know I feel her pain. I can't let this feeling consume us both. I looked at the small door next to me. I did not want to leave it yet, nor could he fit his big body inside, but I could still do something.  I shakily cracked the one door open and stuck my hand out for him. After a few minutes he reached down and wrapped his hand around mine into a firm grip. Gradually the relief started to replace the negative emotions inside of my body. I focused on that feeling trying to relay it back to my sister as a form of comfort. It was the only thing I could do for her till we could find them. As time passed, I got calmed down and I no longer felt that pain coming from her connection. It felt dull, emotionless but calm. Then for a brief second, I felt an appreciated love from her end before the connection ended. That brief moment gave me assurance that she received it. She was okay. 

After a few more minutes I finally calmed the rest of the way down. I gave my hand a light tug to signal Kaleb to release it. I was comfortable enough to leave this cabinet but not the room. I still was not ready to see anyone other than Kaleb yet. Once he released my hand, I pulled it inside, leaving the door ajar for the moment. I relaxed my body and resituated myself to be able to come out of the cabinet easier then pushed the door completely open. He was still sitting on the floor waiting on me. I crawled out, closed the door behind me then situated myself on his lap leaning into his chest. Instantly he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and knees. He placed his head against the top of mine, and we sat there like this for quite a while longer. 

"Are you alright?" He finally asked.

I waited on answering as I tried to figure out how to word it. 

"I'm feeling better..." I finally spoke.

He started rubbing circles in my back. 

"I could feel her pain." 

I needed to tell him. I couldn't hold this in, it hurt so much to know her pain. He kept silent as he waited for me to continue knowing there was more.

"It was worse than I have felt before..." I informed him. "I know she can and has held things back from me. But I could tell she did not... ...no... ...she could not hold anything back this time..."  

There was silence. 

"I do not have anything that I could say to actually help." He spoke up, "I know how long this has been hurting you, but this is all we can do right now." 

"I know." 

He became silent again. I wondered if he felt bad because he could not do anything to help. I peaked at him to see he was in a mind link with someone. I leaned back against him while i waited for the conversation to end. When he was done, he sighed. 

"The others were worried," he informed me, "Amy caught you rushing through with a look on your face while avoiding them, she asked if I knew what was happening. I told them I would find you and figure it out. She keeps asking if you are okay." 

I huffed. I knew I did not get past them unseen. But I was glad they did not try finding me themselves. I was not ready to see anyone yet.

"Tell her I will be fine."

He nodded before relaying the message. Once done he pulled me into to a slightly tighter hug. We remained like this for a while longer untill hunger stirred in my stomach and became verbal.