FIGHT

Kayliegh and Amy nodded at each other before making the sprint for the woods. They forgot about the car and took their chances for the woods. Believing they would have a better chance at fighting them. Her wolf stirred inside her, just knowing she as going to end up shifting. This was also going to be the first shift since what they called the punishment. She could feel Bianca's nervous feeling seep through but the resolve to fight was also present. After a few minutes she realized Amy was a few paces behind. Turning her head slightly to see how far behind caused her to crash into another body. Both of them hit the pavement and rolled. She landed on top. Bianca surfaced in an instant. Her hand shifted slightly. The nails turning into claws and hair grew slightly along up the arm as she positioned herself to make a strike. Once held down she realized she recognized the person below her. Not foe but familiar, an old face from the pack.

Elijah James. One of Amarylis's best friends from school.

"Ka.... Kayleigh??"

The shock that covered his face once he recognized me was almost comical. His eyes practically bulged out of his skull seeing me.

"Don't stop!" Amy screamed pausing next to me.

It was too late a wolf was on us in seconds followed by a few more men. Crap. I jumped up and pulled the wolf off Amy, throwing it at the men running at us.

"You run," Amy ordered.

"You can't hold them off alone." I yelled at her. "I won't run. Never again will I run."

"Hey! I'm here with you." Elijah spoke standing up quickly and taking position. "Just explain later."

I nodded. We knew what he meant.

They were on us quickly. We made them waste their first moves. We had the first group down and went to the next group. More started appearing. I could sense he was getting a little nervous beside me before a look of horror when he turned to me.

"Behind you!"

No sooner did he say it that I felt someone slam me from behind. it was aimed at trying to knock me out. A growl escaped me. It was loud. Most of the men froze nervous and wary, taking a few steps back. That was it. The angered fueled me now. Bianca took over as my body changed into the hybrid form. I heard Elijah gasp. I moved quickly to take out my attacker. I was stronger than I realized as he quickly went limp. I was not ready for that but it did not stop me. I quickly went from one to the next taking them out. The last few tried to team up on me. It was laughable how easy I took care of them. I turned to see Amy get knocked out by two teamed up against her. I was on them in an instant. I turned to Elijah as he finished the last one. He looked up to me a froze. He slowly kneeled down towards me. it was a way lower status wolves would show respect to someone with more power. I frowned.

"Stop that," I grumbled.

He flinched not expecting my voice on top of everything else.

"It's.... a long story...." I spoke as I kneeled next to Amy.

More footsteps hurried to us in the distance. I turned in the direction and stepped in front of both.

"Protect her." I ordered.

I made my stance to fight. It was not more of them that came around the corner instead it was Kaleb and Daniel. I relaxed with a sigh but the sight of my state startled them. They took in the surroundings and remained cautious as they neared us. Kaleb came up to me and placed his hands gingerly on my jawline. He was acting cautiously with my shifted self. I huffed laughing at him.

"It's fine," I spoke.

He studied me for another moment before taking off the jacket he had on and putting around my shoulders. I took a deep breath. Calming myself down enough to shift back into human form. I pushed my arms through the sleeves and buttoned the front. Kaleb pressed his forehead against mine to calm himself before continuing to evaluate the surroundings. I turned around to see Elijah frozen with shock. Daniel snickered.

"Ah...." I stood there a moment before walking over to him and placing a hand on his shoulder. "This is quite a long story to explain. But I'm glad to see you are alive. She would too."

"Amarylis? You mean Amarylis right? Where is she?"

I saw a glimmer of excitement to see an old friend. I frowned. My eyes wandered to Kaleb. He was already watching me with a hint of worry. I sighed and looked at my hands clasped together. I felt dejected.

"Listen, I'll explain when we get back to the house..."