Corn Maze

"Jim, I really don't want to" Dwight pleaded, all but digging his heels into the dirt covered fair grounds. 

"Dwight, come on. Its a corn maze" Jim repeated for probably the fourth time in the last five minutes. 

"That's not a convincing argument" Dwight countered. "You repeating the name of the thing we're doing doesn't count as a reason to go." 

Jim dragged his hand from the top of his face to the bottom, sighing lightly. This was much harder than he thought it was going to be. 

"Dwight if you do this corn maze with me I promise I will wash the cars every week as soon as it gets warm." Jim knew bribery was probably not the ideal way into the romantic situation he had planned, but if it worked, then it worked, and that was the end of that. 

Dwight contemplated Jim's proposal and nodded, "agreed Halpert." 

Jim whooped in victory, wrapping his arms around Dwight's shoulders and pushing him towards the maze. "I swear you won't regret this Dwight." 

"Yeah, yeah" Dwight replied, leaning into Jim's side. 

So far there had been known jump scares, no random noises that Jim insisted Dwight himself was hearing. It was surprisingly romantic. Jim guiding them through the maze, pressing soft kisses onto the side of Dwight's head, and squeezing his hands here and there. 

So when they got to the middle of the maze and suddenly stopped, Dwight immediately felt himself tense up in anticipation. Here came the prank, except it didn't. Jim was on one knee, looking up at Dwight with the most charming, in love smile Dwight had ever seen. 

"Dwight" Jim began, grinning at Dwight when he heard Dwight suck in a deep breath. "I am glad that you agreed to come with me, because otherwise this would not have gone as smoothly as I hoped." Dwight chuckled at this, smiling down at Jim and already feeling his eyes misting. 

"I will never love someone as much as I love you and everyday I am grateful I have you by my side. Dwight K. Schrute I know you like things to be to the point, so will you do me the honor of being my husband?" Jim asked, using the back of his hand to wipe his eyes. 

Dwight nodded, quickly joining Jim on the ground and wrapping his arms around him. "Of course idiot. Of course" Dwight said into his ear, kissing Jim's hair, his cheeks, and then finally his lips. "I love you Jim" Dwight told Jim, pulling back to look at him fully. "I love you more than anything else in this world." Jim reached forward to kiss Dwight again, "me too."