Proposal

Idon'tEvenKNow gave me this prompt: Jim plans to propose to Dwight but he loses the ring so Dwight finds it and uses it to propose to Jim. Loved writing it, I changed it up a bit! Sorry for the long wait.  

The sock drawer. It was such a stereotypical place for Jim to place the ring he had fretted over for the last weeks, making sure every detail was perfect for Dwight, but it would work. Dwight never went in there anyway.  

Dwight hummed to himself  and thought Jim is an idiot, as he carried all of Jim's laundry in his arms, bending down to reach for the stray socks littering the floor with each step he took. 

Dwight huffed as he got to the last of sorting the laundry, shoving the sock drawer open that Jim mostly occupied with his weird assortment of fluffy and patterned socks that Dwight secretly would buy and pretend to be shocked when Jim asked him who bought them. 

Dwight squinted at the weird lump he saw raising one of the socks to his attention, a sleek box partially covered. "What the?" Dwight thought, reaching forward to reveal the box and its contents. 

"Why does Jim have a ring in his sock drawer?" Dwight thought to himself. 

Because Dwight was the best detective and not an idiot, he decided he would figure out this "mystery," watching Jim and seeing if anything seemed off about him. 

Dwight peered at Jim over his sandwich, taking a harsh bite of the ham and cheese that Jim had made for them. 

"You alright there babe?" Jim asked, giving Dwight a half smile as he ate, giving Dwight a curious look.  

"Yes" Dwight said nodding slowly. 

"Okay" Jim said stretching out the word, before returning to his food with a shrug of his shoulders. 

Dwight continued his research, seeing if Jim made any strange calls or made any secretive plans, but there was nothing. 

Instead Dwight started strumming up his own thoughts about the ring. What if he proposed to Jim with it? 

Dwight had it all set up. 

"Wow, so first the ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and now soft-shell crab?" Jim asked with a grin, eyes bright as he looked at Dwight. 

"Figured I hadn't made it in a while" Dwight said with a satisfied grin, running his toes along Jim's leg as they ate. 

Jim gave Dwight a bashful smile, looking at him under his eyes. 

The two enjoyed their food, making their way to the couch. Jim accepting the drink that Dwight poured for him. 

Jim drank languidly, slumping down on the couch, legs spread wide. He looked up hazily at Dwight, grinning when Dwight leaned down; placing his head on Jim's thighs. 

Jim brushed Dwight's hair though his fingers, setting his wine glass onto the side table. He guided Dwight's head so that it was now placed directly over his filling crotch, watching as Dwight widened his lips and kissed Jim's bulge. 

"You've been treating me so well today" Jim whispered, his voice thick with arousal, cheeks red from the wine and Dwight's attention to his cock. 

Dwight hummed, wrapping a hand around Jim's cock and licking at the slit, before hallowing his cheeks and taking Jim all the way to the hilt. 

Jim let out a mixture between a groan and a yelp, grabbing onto the back of Dwight's neck in surprise, seeing how Dwight's spit soaked lips wrapped around him and his mouth and throat squeezed Jim. 

Dwight pulled off, spit dragging across his lips as he pressed kisses against the head of Jim's cock. 

Jim rubbed a thumb across Dwight's lips. Dwight alternating between opening his mouth wide for Jim's cock and licking at his finger. 

Dwight moved his way up to the couch once he finished Jim off, kissing Jim sweetly as Jim cradled his head in his hands. 

"I've been thinking Jim, that I want us to move onto the next step in our relationship" Dwight said, moving away from Jim and sitting back on his heels. 

Jim furrowed his brows, looking at Dwight in surprise. Dwight reached into his pocket, holding up the ring he had found all those days ago. 

"Dwight, where did you get that?" Jim said, scrambling up from the couch in shock. 

"From the sock drawer?" Dwight said taken aback. Why was Jim worried about that when he was proposing. 

"Dwight I was going to propose to you, with that ring!" Jim said, looking at Dwight with wide eyes. 

Dwight looked at Jim with wide eyes, also making his way off the couch and standing in front of Dwight. 

"You found the ring and didn't figure out that I wanted to propose to you?" Jim asked. 

Dwight blinked rapidly. "I-- didn't put that together. You didn't do anything to make me think that."

"The ring wasn't a big enough clue?" Jim asked, chuckling as he looked at Dwight. The surprise waring off of him. 

"No" Dwight said sheepishly, ducking his head down. 

"Hey" Jim said, tilting Dwight's chin up. 

"I want to marry you, so yes" Jim said, grinning at Dwight. 

"Yeah?" Dwight said, excitement returning in his eyes. "Yes" Jim said grinning.

Dwight surged forward kissing Jim as fiercely and sweetly as he had the first time they had kissed all those years ago, the ring now on Jim's finger cold, but comforting against his face.