iii. - six of crows

chapter three,     six of crows

chapter three, six of crows

AS SOON AS SHE stepped into the private room, Lavender was met by four pairs of eyes that stared at her curiously, almost cautiously. Lavender gulped the incoming cough and her eyes turned onto the man, that looked like a drüskelle that was just taken out of a torture chamber. He was bound to the chair and that only meant he was dangerous.

"Treat the wounds of the drüskelle," Kaz announced and Lavender bitterly gulped, Jesper putting his hand on her shoulder supportively.

"I said I don't want no Grisha to treat me," the drüskelle's Kerch was rustic, his voice low and dangerous, but Lavender forced herself to come closer. She has treated dangerous men before, she wasn't afraid.

"I am a medik, relax," she exclaimed, placing her bag on the floor and examining him from afar. He had bruised knuckles, a wounded shoulder, his hands were bruised and by the way he was breathing— his ribs were off too.

"You look like a Grisha," the blond man spat out the word as if it was the most horrible curse word in the world and when she came closer, he put his lips into a thin line: "You even smell like one."

Lavender always smelled like lavenders and it was the biggest cliche since lavenders were quite hard to get. Maybe it was just some sort of brain trick because of her name. At the response of the drüskelle, she simply rolled her eyes and opened the bag that was always stuffed with necessary things for treating someone.

"Be nice," Jesper exclaimed to the drüskelle with a glare, his hands placed on the belt with his revolvers. He was going to hurt that giant if he will even lay a finger on his sister.

"Okay, wait a minute. Who are you?" The woman who sat in a corner asked. The woman was curvy, her body was squeezed into a pretty linen dress that only showed off her beautiful curves. Her hair was dirty red, almost brown as her green eyes were full of confusion.

"Lavender Fahey, a medik," Lavender simply replied, taking out her self-made ointments and bandages.

"You have a sister?" The Suli girl inquired Jesper.

"Yeah, long story," Jesper shrugged, looking at his sister who was taking the bandages off the man.

"Did you do these yourself? This is horrible," Lavender murmured, looking at the so-called treatment this man had. Whoever did this, deserved jail— that was just messy and simply horrible. The bandages were ripped as there was no ointment placed on the wounds— they weren't even properly cleaned.

"What is she doing here?" The Suli girl asked and Jesper loudly sighed.

"She is a medik," Kaz simply replied, giving a brief hand motion towards Lavender. "We need one."